CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Christmas Is Coming

Is it really every too soon to start thinking about Christmas?  I don't think so.  I love everything about Christmas.  The lights, the decorations, the food, being with family and friends, the holiday movies, Santa and his elves, and most of all celebrating the birth of Christ.  Notice I did not say presents.  While they are always nice to receive, they are not what the holiday is all about.  So without a doubt, I look forward to working on my Christmas cards each year.  It puts me in the holiday spirit.

This year, I decided to try a few stain glass cards.  Today and tomorrow, I am going to share the 2 I have done so far.  So without further ado, let's get to it.


Today's card has a beautiful poinsettia as its centerpiece.  I used softer colors for the outer rim of the stain glass as well as for the snowy look on the window in order to really make the poinsettia pop.  I was very proud of this one.  I was even more excited when I found out I could use the 3 1/2" circle die for the Big Shot to cut the piece of backing for this as well as to cut the actual circle with the poinsettia out.  I simply lined up the acetate onto the die, glitter side away from the die, and ran it through.  I always worry when I free hand cut that it will not look right so this made me very excited.


Here is a closer look at the poinsettia.  I just love the shimmer.  The lovely DSP I used to layer this on is from a set called Christmas Cocoa.  Unfortunately, this set is not longer available.  Have no fear, there will be more holiday paper in the catalog as well as in the holiday mini I am sure.  I thought the snowflakes on it were a good match to the gold in the outer rim of the circle.  

The greeting I chose to use is from the set Four the Holidays.  This one is still available in the new catalog.  I stamped it directly onto the DSP with VersaMark ink.  Then using silver embossing powder, I heat embossed it to give it a little shine and raised texture.
All in all, I am pleased with the outcome of this card.  I hope you liked it.  Be sure to leave me a comment and let me know.  Thanks for dropping in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment