CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Another Way to Stain Glass

Before we get started today, I want to wish my wonderful sister-in-law, LouAnne, a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  I hope it is a wonderful day filled with many blessings from the Lord above.  I am always here for you!!  Now onto my card.

As you know, I love the look of stain glass cards.  While making them using acetate and glitter is my favorite way, I recently came across another type of stain glass card made by Joan Jeffery.  Now this is a sample to show you the effect.  I will be making another card to share soon.  Here is the basic idea:


Can you see the shine on the colored card stock?  The basic ides of this card is to cut out various shapes in different colors.  I used my punches to get mine.  Then I adhered them to a blank piece of white card stock.  Once they were glued down, I took my handy little fine tip black marker and a ruler and drew the lines between the shapes at various angles.  Then I found my bottle of Crystal Effects from Stampin' Up! and put some on each shape.  Set this aside and give it 5 to 10 minutes to dry.  It will leave your pieces looking shiny.

I admit, if you saw Joan's compared to mine you would quickly see that this is definitely a first attempt.  One way to improve it is to place each shape on a black background.  That would help to highlight them even more.  Then if you place the entire white piece on black and then on your base card, it will again highlight all the wonderful colors.  I would also recommend using more shapes than I did.  I would add some smaller circles to it in order to add a little more color.  As I said, this was my first try and I am not ashamed to say I can do better next time.  After all, I love to learn so failure is a part of the success equation.  

If you decide to give this technique a try, please send me a copy of your card so I can see it.  I would love to see your creative genius at work.  Thanks for dropping in today and please come back tomorrow.  Until then, have a wonderful day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment