CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, June 17, 2011

Halloween Kitty

Although it is only June, all card makers know it is vital to work ahead for holiday cards.  Let's face it--once Halloween rolls around, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years are quick to follow.  If you do not work ahead some, you will inevitably be caught in that holiday chaos that seems to come every year.  So the idea of starting work on Halloween cards seems very logical to me.

I made this cute little kitty birthday card which I sold to a good friend.  She and another customer liked it so much, I was wishing I had 2 of them so they could each buy one.  So I sat down the other day and started building the cat again.  It is such a simple punch art piece to do.  I can easily mass produce these cute critters.  For some odd reason, as I was looking at one of the white cats, I thought "this would be great for a Halloween card!"  So I took the idea and brought it to fruition (big word isn't it).


I just love this cat.  I used the large oval punch for the head, the word window punch for the body, the 5 petal flower punch for the ears and legs (one flower will do both) and the full heart for the tail.  I cut the heart in half and trim one of the halves to make the tail.  That means 2 tails from each heart.  The eyes were made using the 2 step owl punch and the cute little nose is the flame from the build a cupcake punch.  Her had uses the large oval this is trimmed for the brim and the point is made using the new petite pennant punch.  

For the background, I used basic gray card stock which I sponged black ink onto for a night look.  The moon is the 1 3/8" circle punch in daffodil delight.  It has also been sponged with black ink.  The grass is a piece of garden green card stock which I have torn.  The fence is so easy to make.  I used the jewelry tag punch.  Each post is made from 2 of these little tags.  The rails going across is the modern label punch.  I cut the top and bottom off of each one leaving the center part with the rounded ends.  The bat is the bitty bat punch, which is retiring this month. 

Here is a close up of the kitty.




Do you love the hat?  Of course I had to glam it up with lots of glitter.  Now I will admit the glitter you see on the bat is from Stampin' Up! but the hat was done with a glitter glue.  Last but not least, I used the retired horizontal slot punch for the collar.  You could use a scrap of paper to make this.  I put Stampin' Up!'s crystal effects on it which makes it look shiny.  I know it is hard to see in the picture, but trust me it looks shiny.

Simple and easy to make don't you think?  Well that's it for today.  Have a wonderful weekend and I will be back Monday!!  Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment