CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Grid Look to Your Card

One of the most interesting cards I ever received had a grid look on the face of it.  I guess I just enjoyed the symmetry look to it.  This is one of the easiest looks to achieve and does not take a lot of time to do.  In fact, all you need is your card stock,  a ruler, and a pencil and you are ready to go.


To make getting the squares simple, I used a piece of Whisper White card stock cut at 4" x 5".  The using my ruler, I made 1" squares on the card stock.  Be sure to use a pencil when you do this and do not make your lines so heavy that they are still visible when you erase them.  Once you have your lines drawn horizontally and vertically forming your squares, choose the stamp set you want to work with.  I used the Crazy for Cupcakes set for this one.  Stamp your image onto the card.  I used StazOn ink so it would dry quickly and not smear when I erased lines.  Once your images are stamped on, you will erase any pencil lines that go through your image.  You do not want them seen so they must go.  You will then trace over the remaining lines with a fine tip black marker.  I added the little dots just to enhance the decoration a little more.  Then color in your images using your favorite medium to color with.  Feel free to even color in some of the squares if you choose.  I am sure whatever you do, it will look beautiful.  
Well, that's it for today.  Thanks for dropping in and I hope to see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment