CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, June 24, 2011

Gum Machine Fun

How many times have you been at a store or restaurant and seen those big gum machines?  My kids and husband use to love to get gum out of them, especially the ones where the gum spirals down to to exit.  Who am I kidding?  My husband still loves those gumballs.  Personally, I do not chew gum so I simply enjoy the colorful balls in the machine. 

In trying to find a new idea for a birthday card, I came across a Stampin' Up! stamp set called Something Sweet.  In it, there is a gumball machine base, the "glass" ball, and a gumball stamp.  Now I could have simply used this set to create a card but I wanted to be a little more creative.  So out came the punches.  I knew I could use them to make a machine.  I had seen one on another site by Chanda Stehlik.  I had bookmarked it.  I used it for the pattern but designed my own card. 


This makes me almost wish I liked to chew gum!!  (No fear.  The headache I get from it is not worth it!)   The "glass" globe is made using the 2 1/2" circle punch.  On top the Cherry Cobbler dome is made from a 1 1/4" circle punch.  I used only half of one.  The tiny silver top is a 1/4" punch.  The word window finishes it off at the top.  I used brushed silver card stock to make a few of the top pieces.  The "exit door" is made with the large oval punch in basic black.  For the base, I used the globe as my point of reference and made my own pattern for it.  I sponged the globe with bashful blue ink and the base of the machine with black.  The gumballs were made using the small circle punch from the itty bitty punch pack, highlighted with a white gel pen.  I used daffodil delight, tangerine tango, pacific point, elegant eggplant, real red, and garden green.  The designer paper is not from Stampin' Up!.  It was a piece I picked up somewhere, though I cannot remember where now.  It is layered on top of a piece of early expresso.  The base card is very vanilla.  The Happy Birthday sentiment is from the Create A Cupcake stamp set in early expresso, punched out with the word window, then layered on top of an early expresso modern label.  Now to the inside.


The sentiment is from the stamp set Crazy for Cupcakes.  I stamped it in early expresso on very vanilla then punched it out with the large oval punch.  I layered that on an early expresso scallop oval punch piece.  The gumballs were made once again using the small circle punch from the itty bitty punch pack and a white gel pen, same colors as on the front.

So what do you think of it?  Leave me a comment and let me know.  I so look forward to your feedback.  Once again we have arrived at another weekend.  I hope you all have a wonderful one.  Thanks for dropping in today.  See you Monday!!

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite one!! I love this one Aunt Sharyn!

    Love ya, Michelle

    ReplyDelete