CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, July 1, 2011

Stain Glass Christmas, Take 2

Yesterday,  I shared a stain glass Christmas card with a beautiful poinsettia on it.  Today, I want to continue the stain glass theme by sharing one more card I made using this technique.  Many people I know have called me crazy for doing these cards.  Yes they take time and patience, but the end result is so worth it to me.  So let's see what I came up with.


Well, what do you think?  I like the simplicity of this stamp.  This was actually a pretty quick stain glass piece to make in terms of how long it does take.  I chose a gold candle for this one, but silver would look good too.  Again, the DSP is from the Christmas Cocoa set which is retired.  The white piece I attached the candle to is actually a piece of shimmery white paper.  

The shimmer of the paper does not show in the photo but I promise it is there.  I went with the traditions colors of Christmas for the holly and berries.  One variation I could do would be to make the berries either gold or silver and then make the candle red.  I think that would look pretty too.  


The greeting I used comes from the stamp set called Curly Cute.  This one is also still available in the new catalog.  Once again, I chose to stamp directly onto the DSP using VersaMark ink, then heat emboss it using gold embossing powder.  For some reason when I make Christmas cards I love to make them sparkle if I can.  Guess it is just because of my love of the holiday.
Tomorrow is my open house/crop party.  I am so looking forward to seeing everyone who is planning to stop by.  Whether they just drop in to get the catty and say hi, or they stay and craft with me for awhile, I know I will enjoy the day.  I hope all of you have a great weekend.  Please let me know what you think of the card.  Thanks for stopping by today.  See you Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment