CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Another "Doggone" Birthday Card

As I was posting my blog last Friday, I cannot tell you how much I wanted to share my daughter's birthday card with you.  I was afraid she might look at my blog and see it prior to my giving it to her.  So I had to wait until today.  Even though my girls are not little anymore, they still get a kick out of receiving their handmade cards.  So my challenge every year is to come up with a new idea to make.  This year, I decided to make a card that would be cute and funny.  I took out my punches and let my mind go to work.  Again, I must thank Ellen Kemper for helping in my creative process.  I believe I saw this on her blog first but had never made it.  So without further ado, her it is.


Isn't he cute?  Now this does not look like our dog but my Kaitlyn loves all animals (except bugs) so I knew she would like him.  I used the little Happy Birthday stamp from the Pretty Postage stamp set for my background.  I stamped the images and then punched them out using the new postage stamp punch.  I adhered them down to the Garden Green card stock and ran it through my big shot using an impression folder.  The do was made using several punches.  I built him off the card and once he was completely finished, I adhered him down with dimensionals.  Now let me show you the inside.  


The stamp I used inside came from a different company than Stampin' Up! I usually try to find a saying that really goes with the card design and this one was perfect.  I stamped it in Tangerine Tango, just like to Happy Birthday on the front.  This matched to base card.  She really seemed to like this card when she opened it up.  I know I was happy with the outcome!!

As we begin another week, I am preparing to attend another wedding this coming Saturday.  My beautiful niece is getting married in the church.  When she first go married, they went to a justice of the peace, so this is her big formal wedding she has always wanted to have.  I am so excited for her.  

Well, I best get busy making more cards.  I am so glad you took time to drop in today. Be sure to stop by tomorrow for another card.  See you then.  

No comments:

Post a Comment