CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, June 20, 2011

A Very Happy Weekend

Happy Monday everyone.  First off I want to wish my sister Mary a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!  I hope her day is filled with laughs and joy.  I know her office staff will probably do something special so have fun.

What a busy weekend this was.  It was once again errand weekend for me so that meant grocery shopping.  While it is not my favorite thing to do, it was certainly a lot cheaper since I got to go by myself.  Husbands and children are famous for finding that one extra item that turns into a dozen before you know it.  God bless them for I know they are just trying to make sure no one goes hungry. 

Now I will skip Saturday for a moment and go to Sunday.  My husband is a fire fighter.  Unfortunately that means we sometimes go without him for holidays.  This Father's Day was one of those days.  So my daughters and I took him out to dinner Friday night to celebrate.  Now anyone who knows or is related to a fire fighter knows that the crew he or she works on is a second family.  In family tradition, the boys at the station fixed a delicious meal and had all of the families come for dinner.  It was so nice to spend time with everyone and for my girls to get to be with daddy on his special day!!

Let's jump back to Saturday for a moment. (Don't worry there is a card coming after this!!)  This was such a special day.  My niece and her husband renewed their wedding vows on Saturday.  They were married by a justice of the peace 17 years ago but always wanted to be married in the church.  They had their dream become a reality on this special day.  The ceremony was beautiful and my niece, Michelle, was absolutely gorgeous.  This was such an important day for my family.  Now you may be thinking that 17 is an odd anniversary to renew your vows on but it seems so appropriate after the year my family has had.  The last time I was with all of my family as well as my nephew-in-law, Gus, and his family was at my brother's funeral.  While he was missed terribly and could not be there to walk his little girl down the aisle, I know he was there in spirit.  At the reception, Michelle made sure to include a dedication for her dad.  It was so touching to me.  That was the only time I had tears in my eyes.  If there is one thing I can say for my family and Gus' family, they know how to party and have a good time!!  We ate and drank and danced the night away.  Yes even my husband who does not dance got out on the dance floor with me and got his groove on. My favorite was slow dancing with him.   It was a blast.  I wish Michelle and Gus many more years of happy times and know there will be lots of laughter in their lives. 

Okay now to the card.  I made a similar one a while ago.  This has that adorable kitty on it again but instead of black, I used a white one.  The main color scheme for this card is Concord Crush and Whisper White. 


I really love this little guy.  I did chalk his nose with Regal Rose chalk from the Stampin' Pastels.  Again this card goes together very quickly so it can be made when you have forgotten to make a card ahead of time.  
Well, that is all for today.  I do appreciate you reading all my weekend adventures.  Stop by tomorrow for another card.  Thanks for dropping in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment