CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, June 3, 2011

My Niece's Wedding Invitations

I realized as I was posting yesterday that while I have shared some wedding invitations with you, I have not share the ones I made for my niece.  I am very proud of the work I did and want to share them with you today.  First up, the Save the Date announcement which basically just lets everyone know to keep their calendars open for the special couple.


I used a vellum overlay to print the information on and placed it on top of a poppy flower stamp.  Believe it or not, I hand-stamped each one and colored each flower.  I think I did at least a 100 of these.  I attached the vellum with adhesive and covered the adhesive line with the black ribbon.  The image on the poppy card stock comes from a stamp set called Wedding Sweet and was stamped with versamark ink and heat embossed with black embossing powder.

On to the invitation!!


This is the front of the invitation.  The saying is from the stamp set Occasional Quotes.  Once again, I stamped the flowers using the poppy flower stamp and hand colored each one.  This did take some time, but it was well worth it.  
This is the inside of the invitation.  As you can see I one again used the vellum overlay to print the information on and put it over stamped and hand colored poppy flowers (to match the front of the card).  This time, I attached the vellum using square black brads and placed them in the corners looking like little diamonds.  The bottom portion of the card was a pocket design.  The outer wording on the pocket told guests when to return the RSVP card by and also that an envelope was included to return it in.  These were placed in the pocket, with the envelope folded in half so it would fit.  Also included in the pocket was an information card about the reception so guests would know where it was and what would be served.  The small stamp on the outer pocket is also from the Wedding Sweet stamp set and is also heat embossed in black.  

My job for this set of invitations would not be complete without a set of thank you cards to send to people for gifts received.


Yes I am completely insane by now as you can see I once again stamped the flower and hand colored it.   The background is embossed using an impression folder called Vintage Wallpaper.  The "thank you" stamp is from the Wedding Sweet set.  


The inside is very simple.  I stamped just the flower portion of the stamp and hand colored it.  The rest of the paper I left blank so there would be plenty of room to write a note. 

Now I should let you know that I love to color.  I find it very calming and peaceful.  My niece was a great help during a difficult time in my life.  I got to work on her invitations which had a lot of coloring involved while caring for my brother.  These cards really kept me sane and gave me a distraction from an otherwise difficult time (to say the least) in my life.  

Well now that I have bored you, I want to say thank you for looking at these today.  If you know anyone getting married who would like hand made invitations, let me know.  I love to make this stuff.  See you on Monday.  Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment