CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, June 6, 2011

Surf's Up!!

Summertime is upon us once again and as those temperatures rise, we think of the fun times we have had at the beach.  Now, no one in my family is a surfer.  Not sure why.  Goodness knows my cousins grew up around the water and can water ski like experts.  Even their children are pros at it.  But surf?  I do not think that is part of their talent. 

I grew up in a home where the Beach Boys music was played regularly.  I can sing most of their songs from memory and always loved to go see them at the fair when they played.  I really owe my love of their music to my mom who always had a song on her lips and to my brother who played their records over and over.  So it seemed fitting to me to do a beach type card for someone special in my family.  I was online the other day and came across the most adorable card which used the Loads of Love pickup truck.  The truck had been modified to make it an open car with surfboards in it.  Of course I had to try this.  The brilliant demonstator who made the card is Lorri Heiling.  You can visit her blog by clicking on her name.  So I set out to make a convertible of my own.


Lorri had just one dog driving her car but I wanted all three included in mine.  When I showed my daughter, she laughed at the dogs driving.  I chalked the background using a light blue for the sky, a medium blue for the water and several browns combined to make the sand.  The sun of course was done with a bright yellow.  I added a little dazzling diamond glitter to the water so give it that shimmer you often see when at the beach.  I added the birds by free handing them using a fine tip black marker.  Let's take a closeup look at those doggies!!


I used my Stampin' Up markers to color the surfboards in order to have a variety of colors when I stamped it.  By the way, the surfboard stamp is part of the  Summer Splash stamp set from the Summer Mini.  After I stamped the boards, I cut them out individually in order to place then in the car.  Since I wanted to color the car and I was not sure what medium I would use, I stamped it using StazOn ink.  That way, it I used markers or watercolored, I would not pull the black pigment in to it.  Well, I decided to go a completely different route and colored them using colored pencils.  I did the same with the dogs.  Once I colored the trucks and dogs, I cut them out individually.  I trimmed the cab of the truck off to make this cute convertible.  Now I did not stamp the dogs in the truck.  I stamped them separately and trimmed them out then glued them onto the truck.  That way, I had no risk of damaging the dogs when I cut the car out.   Once put together, you have the surfing dogs out for a day of fun in the sun!

I did stamp several trucks and made them all different colors.  I am going to try something different for the background, still at the beach but a different time of day.  If it works, I will share it with you.  If not, well at least you can look at this cute card.  Stop back by tomorrow if you can.  Thanks for dropping by today!

1 comment: