CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Faux Aluminum Tile

Have you ever toured a historical home or seen pictures of one?  If you have, you have probably seen those beautiful tile ceilings.  Some were made to resemble stamped aluminum.  This means that the impression on the tile is 3D and not just drawn onto it.  I thought "wow, wouldn't it be great to do this technique on a card."  So today share has my version of the faux tile on it.


I really like to look you get when doing this technique.  Now you may be thinking this is a lot of work but really it is pretty simple.  The make the tiles, I started with a neutral color piece of card stock.  I used crumb cake that was 5" x 8 1/2".  You take your VersaMark ink pad and stamp over most of this piece being sure to leave an area of about 2 inches unstamped where you can hold onto the paper.  Once it is covered with the ink, you will need some silver embossing powder.  Sprinkle this all over the inked area and then heat emboss it.  We are not finished yet.  You will repeat the process again in order to ensure the silver is built up to make the impression very visable.   So once the paper has cooled (it only takes a minute) take your VersaMark and stamp over the area again, sprinkle on your embossing powder and heat emboss.  Once this has cooled, grab your 1 1/4" square punch and punch out at least nine squares.  Now choose your favorite impression folder for the Big Shot.  Place your squares inside.  I line them up 3 across and 3 down.  Then run it through the Big Shot.  You will be amazed at the beauty of your tiles.  

As you can see from my card, I used a Rich Razzleberry base card, a layer of basic black, and my beautiful tiles.  For the center piece of my card, I did a layer of basic black, rich razzleberry, and then whisper white.  Please note that the whisper white has been run through the big shot using the same impression folder I used for the tiles.  I finished it off with a beautiful butterfly.  The large razzleberry one is made using the Bigz Beautiful Butterfly and then impressed with the same impression folder I have used for everything else.  By the way, in case you are wondering, I used an impression folder called Finial Press.  The small white butterfly was made using an embosslit folder called Beautiful Wings.  The nice thing about these is it not only cuts out the shape, it also embosses it.  I added Dazzling Diamond glitter to it for fun.

Well, that is all I have to say today.  I hope you find these instructions helpful.  If you love the look and would like a card with this texture on it but really do not have time to do it yourself, be sure to let me know and I will make sure some are in my store.  Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment