CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, June 27, 2011

Childhood Memories

Every child has a toy that is special to them as they grow up.  For me, it was my panda teddy bear named Teddy who traveled everywhere with me and got me through both good times and bad.  Teddy still lives with me today and reminds me of many childhood times.  He is still my best friend.

You are probably thinking, "why did she tell us this?"  Well, the card I want to share with you today is based on a toy.  I did not have this toy when I was growing up but both of my girls did.  I must confess though, I have one now that comes out each Halloween and gets dressed up.  Today, my special guests on my card are none other than Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head.  They have to be two of my favorite toys my girls ever had.  We had so much fun dressing them up.  When the Toy Story movies came out, I fell in love with these characters.  So it seemed like a good idea when punch queen Ellen Kemper posted a recipe to make Mr. Potato Head to give it a try.


They are such a cute couple.  Now I have to tell you that they take a bit of time to make and a lot of patience.  You are dealing with small pieces and I found that a good pair of tweezers really made a difference.  This particular card was a money holder I made for our oldest daughter for her birthday last year.  She loved it.  I will tell you that the basic shape of the potatoes comes from the 2 step owl punch.  Yes you have to cut the little owls feet off and I did feel bad about that but it was worth it in the end.  If you are interested in the full recipe, visit my hero, Ellen Kemper .  By clicking on her name, you will go directly to the Potato Heads tutorial.  It is the best way to learn it.  Don't give up.  If at first you don't succeed, keep on trying.  If I can do it, so can you.

Hope you liked this card.  Thanks for dropping in today.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment