CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, March 23, 2012

Rock N' Roll Birthday

Happy Friday everybody!!  Another week has come to an end.  This was a busy one for me so I am looking forward to some rest this weekend.  I will miss my hubby though.  He is teaching on Saturday and works on Sunday.  Oh well, guess I will spend time with my girls and my sister. 

Today I wanted to share with you a birthday card I made for a friend of ours.  As my husband rattled off a list of things his friend likes, I seemed to focus in on the guitar and went from there.  So let me show you what I came up with for him. 


As you can see, I tried to make the guitar pretty realistic.  For the base card, I used a piece of Whisper White card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".   Next I cut a layer of Basic Black card stock to be 4" x 5 1/4".  I attached it to the white base using runner adhesive.  For the final layer, I went with Cherry Cobbler card stock cut at 3 3/4" x 5".  I stamped the birthday greeting onto it first using StazOn ink.  Next I used my Cricut machine to cut out some lightning bolts from Daffodil Delight card stock.  The name of the cartridge for this shape has escaped my mind for right now.  If I think of it as I go I will let you know.  Anyway, I attached lightning bolts onto the cherry card stock using a glue pen.  I then ran the piece through the big shot using a music note impression folder.  When I looked at it again, I noticed the greeting did not stamp all the way.  So I took my VersaMark pen and traced over the letters so I could heat emboss it using black embossing powder.  It did not turn out as clear as I would have liked but since my husband was happy with it I left it alone.  I attached the cherry piece to the black with runner adhesive.


Here you can see the guitar a little clearer.  I used the Everyday Paper Doll cartridge with my Cricut to cut the guitar out.   I cut it once in Basic Black and then again in Brushed Silver.  I trimmed pieces off the silver one to glue onto the black to give it a more finished look.  I pulled out my sewing kit and used white thread to make the guitar strings.  I did add a little adhesive to the neck of the guitar to hold the strings in place.  I put small black dots punched out using the owl builder punch on top of the strings at the head of it to make it look nicer.  I also added the lightning bolts to the guitar to give it some jazz.  Now I remember.  The lightning bolts are from the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge.  


For the inside, I went with a simple saying.  I used my Cricut again with the Plantin SchoolBook cartridge to cut the letters.  I cut them in Basic Black first and then in Daffodil Delight.  I layered the daffodil on top of the black to create a shadow look.   I attached the letters together using a glue pen and then attached them to the inside of the card using the same glue pen.  

I really liked the finished result of the card.  Of course, I would have redone the front to make the greeting look better but that is the perfectionist in me.  Always remember that the little quirks and mistakes are what give a card character and make it a one of a kind.  

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  Please come back on Monday to see what I come up with next.  I will see you all then.  Thanks for dropping by today!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment