CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, March 9, 2012

Butterflies In The Window

Once again here we are at the end of a week.  I cannot believe it is Friday.  The weather here in Phoenix has be crazy this week.  We went from the mid 80's to the low 60's and back into the 70's.  I just wish we could get some rain.  We had lots and lots of wind this week which gave everyone sinus problems.  I certainly hope it will stabilize in the coming week so everyone will feel better. 

Today's share is another stain glass creation.  It is the last one for the week and I am hoping to share more punch art next week.  The stamp I used for the main image is not one from Stampin' Up! but most of my stain glass stamps come from a different company.  Most of them I have had for years - much longer than I have been a SU! demonstrator.  Anyway, let's get started on today's card.


I started with a base card of Whisper White cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I then added a layer of Perfect Plum measuring 4" x 5 1/4".  Before attaching it to the white, I did sponge the edges with Perfect Plum ink.  It is attached using runner adhesive.  Next I cut a piece of Pretty In Pink to be 3 3/4" x 3 3/4".  I ran it through the big shot using the Manhattan Flower impression folder.  Next I brushed the edges of it using a sponge with Regal Rose ink.  I also attached the white strip at the bottom of the pink using runner adhesive and then attached the whole thing to the plum piece with runner adhesive.  I scalloped the edge of the white prior to attaching it to the pink.


To make the scallop along the edge of the white strip, I first used the new Adorning Accents Edgelits that work with the big shot.  They are simply a strip that you lay across your card stock and run it through your big shot using tab 2.  It cut the pretty scallop shape you see on this card.  To emboss the scallop and add a little texture I used the Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Embossing Folders that coordinate with the edgelits.  All of these are in the Occasions Mini catalog.  I took another piece of white and stamped my greeting using Perfect Plum ink.  I got my greeting from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  I punched it out using the word window punch and sponged the edges of it with the plum ink.  I then layered it on top of a Pretty in Pink modern label (you use the modern label punch for that but I bet you already knew that).  I attached it to the card using dimensionals and added pearls to the ends.  


Here is a close up of the butterflies.  Now I am not going to bore you again on how to do stain glass.  You can visit one of the other samples to get the instructions if you need.  Once my glitter had dried, I realized the top butterfly was very light and would need to be backed on a color that would help it stand out.  So I took a piece of Whisper White card stock and used my pastels to create a sky scene on it.  Once the sky was finished, I attached my butterfly window to it using glue dots.  I then cut it out so that no sky showed around the image.  I know it might be hard to see but you can see the blue of the sky behind the panes of the window.  I attached the entire window to the pink using runner adhesive.

For me, this has been a really fun week.  I love working with glitter! I hope you enjoyed some of the creations you saw on here.  I wish you all a wonderful weekend filled with fun.  I will be back Monday with another card to share.  Until then. thanks for dropping by today!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment