CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Let's Go Fly A Kite

I always enjoy watching the movie Mary Poppins.  I love all the songs from it and find myself often singing them.  As I was working on my sample to share with you today, this kite song started running through my head.  I think it is because of the shape of the image.  Anyway, I thought it would also be a nice title for today's blog.  So let's get onto the card sample so you will understand what I am talking about.


Let's start with the base card and go from there.  I decided to use Pacific Point card stock as my base.  It was cut to be 4 1/4" x 11". scored at 5 1/2".  However a funny thing happened while making this card.  When I put my top layer with the kite onto the blue, I put it on upside down.  I am sure the fact I was talking on the phone at the time had nothing to do with it at all.  So I cut the card in half making it 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and will keep it as a sample for future reference.  The kite tail is a piece of Whisper White 1/4" grosgrain ribbon.  I wanted to be sure to tell you here as you cannot really see the tail in the other photos.  The layer I added on top is Tangerine Tango card stock cut at 4" x 5 1/4".   Let me show you a close up of it.


I used the impression folder called Elegant Bouquet and ran it through the big shot prior to attaching it to the Pacific Point.  I wanted to jazz it up a little so I started by adding doodle dots to all the petals on the flowers.  Then I added little pearls to the flower centers.  I only worried about the ones that would show.  Now I realize as I am looking at the picture, you can see the center of the one right under the kite so I should have placed on there too.  However when I was looking at it on my craft table, I failed to notice.  It is attached using runner adhesive.



I started work on the kite design by stamping my image on a piece of acetate using StazOn black ink.  I love the dragonfly image on this one.  As you can see I used the stain glass technique, which involves lots of glitter.  Always work from darkest color to lightest.  I think I have said the opposite before but I was wrong if I did.  By doing the darkest first, you will not run the risk of a dark color getting into a lighter one and showing through.  Anyway, use a glue that dries clear and work with one color at a time.  You have to let the design dry completely before attaching it to the card.  This will take a while so you can use that wait time on another project.  I wanted to attach it using dimensionals but they do not stick well to glitter.  So I put the dimensions onto the dragonfly kite using a glue dot and them adhered the backside of the dimensional to the card itself.  

Since I have now done a half week of stain glass cards, I have decided to finish the rest of the week with them too.  I truly enjoy making them and once I get started it is hard for me to stop.  I did make a second card using this same stamp but not as a kite.  I will share that with you tomorrow.  I do so appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit.  Please do come back tomorrow!!  See you all then!

No comments:

Post a Comment