CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Birthday Bug

I must tell you this has been a trying week for my family.  Here we are only at Wednesday and I have already been to several doctors with family members and have a nephew in California who has been in the hospital.  I pray the week gets better.  If you ask me what I think about 2012 so far, I would tell you it has been filled with the kinds of events you would rather avoid.

A few weeks ago, I shared a card front with you I had made with a cute little dragonfly on it.  It did start out as a card but if you recall I stamped the greeting upside down and had to add a piece to it to correct that.  So I kept it as a sample.  So the other day, I ran across a 2nd dragonfly I had made but had not added to a card.  I decided I would give a card a try again and hope for the best.  This time it all worked out.  So let me share this one with you.


 I was thrilled this card worked out without my making a boo boo again.  The base card is a piece of Tempting Turquoise card stock cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I added a layer to the front of Basic Black measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" using runner adhesive to adhere it.  Next I took a piece of Whisper White card stock and cut it to be 4" x 5 1/4".   I pulled out my pastels (chalk) and created the sky background you see on the card.  Now you can probably find designer paper at your local craft store that has a sky pattern on it.  If you don't want to make your own, I would certainly suggest looking for this.  For me, I love creating my own.


For the greeting, I used a stamp from the stamp set Curly Cute.  It is stamped using Pacific Point ink directly onto the card stock.  I did this after I had chalked the sky and placed my dragonfly.  I love the loopy loops of this stamp set!


Last but not least, we come to the star of the card - the dragonfly.  I used Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, Basic Black. Whisper White and Bashful Blue card stock as well as Vellum Paper to make him.  His head is a 1" circle.  His body and wings are from the large oval punch.  His tail is made up of 1/2" circles as is his nose.  For the nose, I trimmed it to the shape I wanted.  The eyes are from the owl builder punch.  His legs come from the bird builder punch.  I added white gel pen to highlight various areas of the bug.  I added dazzling diamond glitter to the edges of the wings and dazzling details glitter glue dots to the wings.  He is attached to the card using dimensionals.  Once he was placed, I added the little pearls to the sky to give it a little jazz..

Well that finishes today's card.  I hope you all like it.  I will be back tomorrow with another item to share with you.  Thanks for dropping by today.


 

1 comment:

  1. This is the cutest little bug! I love his face, his legs, his wings...everything!
    Hugs,
    Di

    ReplyDelete