CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Another Baby Card

For some odd reason, I have been inspired to make another baby card.  Now I do know a few people who are expecting but I already have my cards for most of them.  Oh well.  I am still going to share this one with you.  I was inspired to make this one from a card that sold at my sale.  I had created a cute polka dot background and wanted to do that again.  I came across a little duck photo and thought why not make one of those.  So let me show you what I came up with for this card.


Now the entire time I was making this card I could hear Ernie from Sesame Street singing his Rubber Ducky song.  I started with a Bashful Blue base card cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I then grabbed a scrap piece of Bashful Blue and Pacific Point card stock.  I punched out 1/2", 3/4" and 1" circles.  I then cut a piece of Whisper White card stock and cut it to be 4" x 5 1/4".  I placed my punched out circles randomly on the piece of white until I was happy with how it looked.  I then adhered them down to the white using runner adhesive.  


Once all my circles were adhered down, I ran the piece of white through my big shot using an impression folder called Bubbles.  It seemed to really fit the card.  As you can also see in this photo, I placed a pearl on each circle that showed.  I did this after adhering the scallop with the duck onto the card.  


 For my greeting, I went once again to my Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  I stamped the greeting using Pacific Point ink onto Whisper White card stock.  It was then punched out using the word window punch.  I punched a modern label out of a scrap of Pacific Point card stock.  The word window was attached to the modern label using runner adhesive.  I attached it to the card using dimensionals.


To begin my duck, I took a piece of Pacific Point and ran it through my big shot using the Scallop  Circle #2 die.  I used the largest circle from this die.  After it was cut out, I ran it through the big shot using the perfect polka dots impression folder.  Once it was embossed I sprayed it using my frosted mist spray I made using 2 oz. of alcohol and drop of the frosted shimmer paint.  I keep it in a small spray bottle just for cards I want to use it on.  While it dried, I made my little duck.  His body is a 1 3/4" circle.  Using the old small oval punch, I punched out a small section of the circle leaving him with a swoop on his body.  The head is a 1 1/4" circle while the eyes are from the owl builder punch.  For his hair and beak, I started by punching a small oval using the retired punch and then repunched with it next to the hole.  That way you can get the slivers as thin or thick as you want.  His wing is from the bird builder punch.  I attached the scallop circle to the card using runner adhesive.  I then added pearls to every other scallop on the circle and to the circle dots on the white.  The duck was assembled using liquid glue and then attached to the scallop circle using dimensionals.  

Tomorrow I will have something different than a baby card.  I hope all of you have a wonderful day.  Please come back tomorrow.  See you then and thanks for stopping by today.



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment