CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Dragonfly Stain Glass Day 2

It's Thursday already.  I can hardly believe we are so close to another weekend.  Where does the time go?  I have been busy this week preparing for a class I am teaching on Saturday.  We are going to make some cute spring time punch art so I will be very punch happy by next week.

Yesterday I shared a beautiful stain glass dragonfly I made a kite on my card.  Today, I wanted to share with you another dragonfly used in a different way.  Now I will tell you prior to showing you my card that I used the same color pattern of glitter on this dragonfly.  I wanted to have the symmetry between the two cards.  So if you're ready, let's get started.


I started with a base card of Daffodil Delight measuring 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"  Next, I added a layer of Whisper White cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  Prior to adding this to my card, I did run it through the big shot using the Finial Press impression folder.  I adhered it to the Daffodil using runner adhesive.  I then took a scrap piece of Pacific Point card stock and cut it to be 4 1/4" x 4 1/2".  Using my eyelet border punched, I punched along 2 sides of the Pacific card stock.  I attached this piece once it was punched to the white using runner adhesive.  I then added pearls to the center dot of each eyelet. 


When it came to my greeting, I turned once again to my Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  I was not sure exactly what I was going to use this card for so I chose "thinking of you".  In my opinion, this works for any occasion.  I stamped it using Pacific Point ink onto a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock and punched it out using the word window punch.  I then took another scrap piece of Pacific Point card stock and punch out a modern label.   I layered the 2 together using runner adhesive.  I added a pearl to each end and then attached it to the card using dimensionals.


As you can see, I used the stain glass technique on this dragonfly, using the same colors as yesterday.  However, to me this one seems to have more vivid colors than the one yesterday.  Oh well.  That is just the way it came out.  I started by stamping the image onto acetate using StazOn ink.  I then used a clear drying glue and added glue to the different areas one at a time.  Add your glitter starting with the darkest color.  Be sure you shake off any excess glitter prior to moving onto the next color that way they do not mix.  Once it was dried completely, I attached it to the Pacific Point card stock using glue dots.  When it was adhered down, I used my white gel pen to add doodle dots to fill in the open blue space.  

Again, I urge you to try this technique at least once.  It really is easier than it sounds.  I would be happy to work with you on it if you attend a crop at my home.  If you would like to be on my mailing list please email me and I will add you being sure you receive any invitations I send out.   

Thank you so much for dropping by today.  Be sure to come back tomorrow for one more stain glass card.  I look forward to seeing all of you then.  Thanks again!!


No comments:

Post a Comment