CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mother's Day Card #4

First and foremost, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO MY WONDERFUL HUSBAND AND MYSELF!!!!!  Yes today is our 15th anniversary.  I am so lucky to have my wonderful husband in my life.  So today's post will be a short one so I can spend time with my guy!

I seem to be on a roll with these Mother's Day cards.  You know how it is to be on a roll with something.  So of course, today I have one more to share with you.  For this particular one, I went back to the beautiful rosettes I like to make.  Let's get going on this card. 


For my color scheme, I chose to use Blushing Bride, Whisper White, and Basic Black (only for the words).  I started with a base card of Blushing Bride cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  Next I cut a piece of Whisper White to be 3 3/4" x 3 3/4".  I used my ticket corner punch on the corners of this and then ran it through the big shot using an impression folder called Intricate Swirl.  I took my Blushing Bride marker and colored the tiny dots on the embossing just to add a little color.  The edges were brushed using the Blushing Bride ink.  The square was then attached using runner adhesive.  


Here is a close up of the rosette.  I started with a strip of designer paper cut at 1 3/4" x 12".  I then scored it at every quarter inch.  I accordion folded the score lines and attached the ends together.  It is adhered on the back using sticky strip.  I added a 1" white circle, a 3/4" blush circle, and a 1/2" white circle.  I took a white pearl and colored it using a light pink Sharpie marker.  The rosette is attached to the white using sticky strip.  I also added some dazzling diamond glitter to the white circles on the top.  


For the greeting, I turned to my Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  I started with a frame from the Four Frames stamp set and stamped it in Blushing Bride on Whisper White.  Next I stamped the greeting using Basic Black ink inside the frame.  I let it sit for a few minutes so the ink would be dry.  Once it was dry, I punched it out using the decorative label punch.  I attached it using runner adhesive to the card and added another pearl colored with the same pink Sharpie.  

This card had that simple elegance factor to it.  I love the look of it and know any mom out there would love to get this on Mother's Day.

Well I am off and running.  I am going to take my sister in law to a doctor appointment and then spend the rest of my day with my hubby!!  Tomorrow I will share the card I made for him for our anniversary.  Thank you so much for stopping by today.  See you tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment