CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, March 16, 2012

Mother's Day Card #2

Happy Friday everyone.  Well it is the first day of our garage sale.  I sure hope it goes well.  We have worked hard this week getting everything ready for it.  I thought I would send you off into your weekend with another card for mom.  It always seems strange to start cards months ahead of time but we all know that time creeps up on us and if we're not careful, we are not ready for them.  Anyway, let's get going on this one.


Today's color scheme is purple.  I decided to make this card a little different that most of my others.  I started with a base card of Perfect Plum cut at 5" x 10", scored at 5".  Every now and then, I come up with a card that either needs a little more room or that I think would look better as a square.  This was one that needed the extra room but that also lends itself to the square shape.  Instead of adding a solid layer I wanted to do a pattern with squares.  I started by punching 9 Very Vanilla 1 3/8" squares.  I spaced them out on the card front and adhered them down using runner adhesive.  Next I punched out 9 Elegant Eggplant 1 1/4" squares.  I layered these on top of the vanilla ones and adhered them down using runner adhesive.  For the top layer of my squares, I wanted to use a designer paper.  I wish I could say this one was from Stampin' Up! but I can't.  This paper came as a mat stack from one of my local craft stores.  I bought it a few years ago and still have some.  The colors really complemented the plum and eggplant.  So I chose 3 different designs and punched out three 1" squares of each.  I then layered them on top of the eggplant squares in a random pattern using runner adhesive.  Now I wanted some glitter on my squares but this paper did not come already glittered.  So I used a glue pen to add glue to a few areas and sprinkled Dazzling Diamond glitter on them.  I love the sparkle!!  While this was drying, I moved on to the greeting.


For the greeting on the front, I used the retired stamp set called Well Scripted.  I stamped the saying using Perfect Plum ink onto Very Vanilla card stock.  I then took out my big shot and the new Labels Collection Framelits set.   I used the smallest size and cut out the saying.  Then I cut the next size up out of plum and one more size up out of vanilla.  I edged the saying with Perfect Plum ink and layered it on the plum.  Then I layered that onto the large vanilla label.  I attached all these together using runner adhesive. I added Dazzling Diamond glitter dots to the plum and edges the vanilla with it also.  It is attached to the card using dimensionals.  I took the Beautiful Butterflies die and the big shot and cut a small butterfly out of Perfect Plum card stock and vellum paper.  I layered these together using a glue pen.  Next I attached it to the card with glue dots.  Then I got out 2 white pearls and colored them purple using a Sharpie markers.  These made up the body of the butterfly.  I then added Stickles glitter glue dots to the wings for added effect. 


For my inside greeting, I used a stamp from the set Word Play.  I stamped it using Perfect Plum ink onto Very Vanilla card stock.  I then used the same Labels Collection Framelits set and my big shot to cut out the greeting.  This carried the theme from the front to the inside.  I edged it using plum ink and attached it with runner adhesive.  

Well that's it for this week.  I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend.  I will be back on Monday with another share.  I hope you will all come back to see it.  Thanks for stopping by today and I will see you Monday!!








No comments:

Post a Comment