CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, March 12, 2012

It's Easter Time!

Hey everyone.  Happy Monday.  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I want to thank all of you who attended my punch class and/or crop this past Saturday.  We had a lot of fun and made some really neat things.  I taught 4 spring critters - a bunny, a duck, a dragonfly, and a butterfly.  Everyone seems to enjoy learning how to make them.  As always, my mind goes a mile a minute as I am teaching and I seem to always get inspired to make another card.  So the one I am going to share with you today is one I thought of as my students were making one of the critters.  It involved using the owl builder punch.  This card just popped into my head as I was looking at the punch.  Ready to start?


I started by using Daffodil Delight card stock to make my base card.  It is cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I then took a piece of  Whisper White card stock and cut it to be 4" x 5 1/4".  Using my pastels (chalks) I created a sky background.  Then I grabbed a scrap piece of Wild Wasabi card stock and tore pieces off.  I attached them to the sky background using runner adhesive.  I then attached the white to the daffodil using the same adhesive.  Using a glue pen, I added glue to the edges of the "grass" and sprinkled them with Dazzling Diamond glitter.  I love the sparkle.  I turned to my handy Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set for the greeting on this one.  I stamped it using Melon Mambo ink onto white card stock and punched it out using the retired small oval punch.  I then punched a large oval out of Basic Black card stock and layered the white onto it with adhesive.  Finally, I used a scrap of Melon Mambo card stock and punched a scallop oval to make the bottom layer of the greeting.  Once it was finished, I took some pink rhinestones I had and added one to each side of the greeting.   It is attached to the card using dimensionals.  Now let's see how the animals are made.


Here is my cute little chick.  The body, eyes, and beak come from the owl builder punch.  I used Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Basic Black, and Whisper White card stock for this little guy.  To make his hair, I turned to the Boho Blossom punch and used the 6 petal flower from it.  Only 3 of the petals stick up for you to see.  For the wings, I punched a 1 3/4" scallop circle and cut it in half.  I then cut the half in half again and trimmed off the scallop piece I cut in half to do this.  Add a piece to each side and there you have him.  I added some white gel pen to highlight his various features and give him a little character.  I attached him to the card using dimensionals.


For the bunny, I used the owl builder punch once again for the body and eyes.  I then punched the nose using the circle from the itty bitty punch pack.  His ears are made using petals from the blossom petals builder punch.  I used  Basic Gray, Pink Pirouette, Basic Black, and Whisper White card stock for his color scheme.  I added white gel pen to highlight his features and drew on whiskers using a fine tip black marker.  You could also draw a mouth on this guy if you would like to.  He is also attached to the card with dimensionals. 


I wanted to add an Easter Basket to this card so I decided to start by punching a white tag using the  large tag punch (it use to be called the small tag in past catalogs).  I cut the tag in half so my basket would look like a basket and ran it through the big shot using the square lattice impression folder.  I then punched a small oval using the retired small oval punch.  I took the  large oval punch and punched it around the hole of the small on creating the handle for the basket.  Now my basket would not be complete without some eggs so I had to make some.  I started with a strip of silver glimmer card stock.  I took my Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango, Marina Mist, and Wild Wasabi ink pads and using my sponges I colored the silver card stock.  Next, I turned it upside down and drew freehand my eggs (that's why they all look different).  Once drawn, I cut them apart and attached the basket and eggs to the card using a liquid glue.  I love love love the sparkle on this card.

Well, that's all I have for today.  I hope you are inspired to make a card of your own with lots of sparkle.  I will be back tomorrow with another card to share.  Until then, thanks for dropping by today!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment