CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mother's Day Card #3

One thing I have been very thankful for this week has been the weather.  It is so nice to be cold again.  The rain was also a welcome blessing.  Luckily for us, our garage sale went well enough last Friday and Saturday that we did not need to do it on Sunday.  We actually got to enjoy the rain and coldness.  Now I just hope the weather stays nice and does not heat up too soon.

One of the cards I sold at my garage sale had an adorable raccoon on it.  It is actually one of my favorite punch art pieces to make.  Since this card sold, I wanted to make another card with the raccoon.  So the idea came to me to do a Mother's Day card using this critter.  So let's get started.


Remember this guy?  I changed the color scheme and added a greeting this time.  I started with a base card of Pink Pirouette card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  Next I stamped a background on the front of this card using the stamp set Confetti and VersaMark ink.  Once it was stamped, I sprinkled it with clear embossing powder so I could heat emboss it.  It just helps the design stand out a little.  Then I took a piece of Early Espresso card stock and using my Label Collection Framelits and my big shot, I cut out the size I wanted for this piece.  Next I took Baja Breeze card stock and cut out the next size smaller in the Labels Collection.  I  ran each of these labels through the big shot using the Petals-A-Plenty impression folder.  The two were then layered onto the base card using a runner adhesive.  I took the card over to my color catcher and sprayed it with a frosted white spray to add just a little shimmer.   I know you cannot really see it in the photo but it is there.  I colored the center of the flowers that were visible on the Espresso card stock as well as all the ones on the Baja using my white get pen.  I stamped the greeting using the stamp set Teeny Tiny Wishes with Early Espresso ink onto Whisper White and punched it out with the word window.  I then layered it using runner adhesive onto a Baja Breeze modern label.  It is attached to the card with dimensionals.


Here is a close up of my raccoon.  He is made exactly the same way as the one I did before.  The only difference is the flowers.  I wanted to do a bouquet of flowers for him to present to mom.  I am not going to bore you with all the punch details since I listed them on the prior post. That post was on Feb. 17th so please feel free to visit it for all the details on how to make the raccoon.  


For the inside greeting, I turned once again to my Word Play stamp set.  I stamped the saying in Early Espresso ink and then cut it out using the Labels Collection Framelits and my big shot.  I then brushed the edges with Baja Breeze ink.  I attached it using runner adhesive.  

I know this post is a little on the short side.  I absolutely love the weather we are having here in Arizona but I tend to suffer from migraine headaches when the pressure in the air changes.  So I am going to go take my medicine and lay down so that I can create another card for tomorrow.   Thank you so much for stopping by today and I will see you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment