CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Colorful Pearls

Hi everyone.  I thought I would share with you another card I made this past weekend at my crop.  When we were making our cute little butterfly, we used the Beautiful Butterflies die for the big shot to make the wings.  If you have this die, you know there is a full large butterfly, a full small butterfly, a large individual wing and a small individual wing.  Since I knew I would use only the individual wings for the project, I could have just cut out those.  However, I knew I would eventually use the complete butterflies too so I used a piece of vellum paper large enough to cut all pieces.  This particular card utilizes one large and one small left over vellum butterfly. 


I chose the color scheme for this card from the scraps of card stock I had left from my class.  The stack was just sitting beside me so I thought why not put the extras to work.  The colors I chose are Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, and Wild Wasabi.  I started with a base are of Whisper White base card cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I then took a scrap piece of the tangerine and the daffodil and punched out 1",  3/4" and 1/2" circles.  I cut a piece of wasabi to be 4" x 5 1/4".  I scattered the circles on the top of it until I liked how they looked.  Once I was happy with the look, I attached them using runner adhesive.  


Once all the circles were attached, I ran the piece of wasabi through the big shot using an impression folder with music notes all over.  I wanted you to really get to see them so I thought I would show you this close up.  This particular impression folder is from a company called The Paper Studio.  I picked it up at a local craft store.  As you can hopefully see, by running the piece of wasabi with the circles attached through the big shot, you get the appearance of it being just one piece of card stock instead of separate pieces.  I like this effect very much.  
 
This is a close up of my large butterfly.

Here is a close up of the small butterfly.


To make these adorable butterflies, I started by running a scrap piece of tangerine and a scrap of daffodil through the big shot using the Beautiful Butterflies die.  Once they were cut out, I layered a vellum butterfly on top of them using a glue pen to attach the two together.  The butterflies were then attached to the card using glue dots.  I turned to my trusty Stickles glitter glue to add dots to the wings of the butterflies to jazz them up and make them sparkle.  I thought about adding glitter glue dots to the center for the body but wanted something a little different.  This is where the colored pearls come into play.  Now if you go to your local craft store, you can usually find white or black pearls pretty easily.  However, I have never found any really colorful pearls.  So I made my own.  That's right, I created these colors all by myself.  Want to know how?  Okay I will tell you my secret.  Start with white pearls.  I usually separate however many I need away from the rest of the white one.  You want to keep them on the plastic they come on so you can remove them easily once they are colored.  I tend to save my plastic sheets once all the gems have been used.  Once you have the number of pearls you will need (in this case, I wanted 2 for the yellow and 3 for the orange), put them on an empty plastic sheet or on an area of the sheet where they do not touch the rest.  Space them apart far enough so you can get to all sides.  Now all you need is a set of Sharpie markers.  That's right - Sharpie marker.  You simply color your pearls using your markers and ta-da -- instant colored pearls.  I have tried other ways of coloring my pearls but found that either the color came off or it was really dull looking.  With the Sharpies, you get a vibrant color that dries extremely quickly and does not wipe off at all!!  Absolutely easy to do and beautiful to look at.

I hope you will give colored pearls a try.  It is nice to be able to customize them for your projects.  It just gives that added pizzazz you are looking for.  Well, that's all I have for today.  I will be back tomorrow with a new project.  I will admit, I don't have it made yet but I will get to work as soon as I can.  Maybe I will color some more pearls!  

Thanks for dropping by today and I will see you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment