CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mother's Day Card

Mother's Day falls on May 13th this year, 2 months away.  Even though my mom is not here any more, I still like to make her a card and make one for my wonderful mother in law.  So after I finished all my Easter owls, I decided to work on a couple of cards for that special day.


Since I always loved the color pink on my mom, I decided to start with the pink card.  I used Rose Red card stock.  This is a deep pink card stock.  I cut it at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock at 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran it through my big shot using the Elegant Lines impression folder from Stampin' Up!.  I really like this folder but I will admit I have not used it much.  You usually make your sandwich of the cutting pads and the folder and use tab 1 on the multipurpose platform to run it through.  Well every time I would do that, my card stock would come out having areas that were cut through entirely or area that would tear easily.  I was very frustrated.  Then I learn a secret.  If you run this particular folder through using the multipurpose platform set on the no numbered tab, I gives you the chance to have the impression without the cuts and tears.  I attached this piece to my Rose Red card using runner adhesive.  This particular impression folder has these cute little circles on it so I thought little rhinestones would look cute in them.  I happen to have pink colored stones that worked perfectly.  


Here you can see the circles and stones better.  When it came to my greeting, I turned yet again to my Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  I stamped it using Rose Red ink and punched it out using the word window punch.  I then punched out a modern label from Rose Red card stock.  I layered the two together using runner adhesive and attached it to the card using dimensionals.  I chose not to put rhinestones on this because I did not want to distract from the card.  


Here is the beautiful butterfly.  I cut this using the Beautiful Butterflies die for the big shot.  I cut one out of vellum paper and one out of Rose Red.  I layered these two together using a glue pen and attached them to the card using glue dots.  As you can see, I needed pearls for the body that were colored so I once again turned to my Sharpies for help.  I took three white pearls and used a delicate pink marker to color them.  I always let them sit for a minute or two just to be sure they are dry and then placed them on the butterfly.  I then added some Stickles glitter glue dots to the wings for added color.  

This is a very simple card but I love the look.  This would have been one my mom would have really liked.  I will share another card for this day with you tomorrow.  Please come back to visit.  Until then, thanks for dropping in today!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment