CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, March 19, 2012

Daffodil Delight Wedding

A few weeks ago I shared a card with you I made for my daughter to give to a friend who is getting married.  The color scheme was black, white and silver and it had interlocking rings with flowers and pearls.  Well remember the pink Mother's Day card I made last week?  You know the one with the pink rhinestones and the butterfly?  Well, my daughter saw it and loved it so much she asked if I would remake the wedding card using a yellow (it's one of the bride's colors) and rhinestones and 2 butterflies.  So I decided to be nice mommy and said yes.  My card share for today is the final result of that card.  Are you ready?  Let's get started.


Ta Da!!  Isn't it pretty?  Just like a ray of sunshine!  I started with a base card of Daffodil Delight cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  Next I took a piece of Whisper White card stock and cut it to be 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran it through the big shot using the Elegant Lines impression folder and using the same method as last time (do not use a numbered tab just use the bottom panel).  Attach this panel using runner adhesive.  Let me show you a close up of the greeting which will also show you the rhinestones.


The greeting for this card came from a stamp set called Wedding Sweet.  I stamped it onto Whisper White card stock using VersaMark ink and heat embossed it using black embossing powder.  Once it cooled, I punched it out using the word window punch.  I then punched a modern label out of a scrap of Daffodil Delight.  I layered the two together using runner adhesive and attached it to the card using dimensionals.  For the rhinestones on this one, I wanted to use colored stones again.  Unlike last week when I had the pink ones on hand, this time I did not have any yellow.  So I knew that meant if I wanted a yellow stone, I would have to make it.  To do this, I took a spare piece of plastic and put the number of stones in the various sizes on it.  I think I used about 17 of them.  Next I took out my alcohol ink called Butterscotch.  I put just a few drop onto a cotton ball and then pounced gently on the stones with it.  I added a little more ink to the cotton and pounced a little more until the color was just right.  The nice thing about this ink is it dries fast.  Using my paper piercer I picked the stones up one by one and placed them into the little circles on the impressed design just like last week.


Having the greeting and the stones finished meant it was time to make those gorgeous butterflies once again.  I used the same method as last week.  Take the big shot and the Beautiful Butterflies die and cut out one large and one small butterfly in Daffodil Delight.  Repeat this using vellum paper for the second set.  Layer the two together and attach using a glue pen.  I cannot remember if I put this in the past blog or not but you only put the glue along the path of the body.  The wings are free this way and you will be able to cover the glue up with the pearls.  This time I needed yellow pearls.  So out came my yellow Sharpie marker and I colored 5 of the white pearls, 3 for the large butterfly and 2 for the small butterfly.  Once they were dry, I used my paper piercing tool again to help me place them.  Next comes the Stickles glitter glue.  Add dots all over your butterfly wings and you are finished!

I must tell you my daughter was thrilled with the end result.  It looks absolutely fantastic.  I truly hope the bride likes it.  

That finishes my blog for this Monday.  I hope you all are off to a nice start of a new week.  Please come by tomorrow to see what I come up with next.  Until then, happy creating and thanks for dropping by today!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment