CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, March 5, 2012

Mama's Roses

Happy Monday to everyone.  I hope you all had a nice weekend.  I will admit it was a tough one for me.  Yesterday marked the 5th anniversary of my mom's death.  I can't believe it has been 5 years already.  I miss her terribly and still find myself wanting to pick up the phone to call her.  To help me get through yesterday, I decided to make a card for her.  Now I only did a card front but after all this is more for me than anyone else.  My colors were easy to choose as she always looked so pretty in pink and purple.  I can remember growing up that she always had rose bushes and I know she loved roses.  The card actually came to together rather easily.  So let's take a look at it.


I started with a piece of Pink Pirouette card stock cut at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  I ran it through the big shot using the Finial Press impression folder.  I also took a piece of Whisper White Card Stock and punched out photo corners using the retired punch to do it.  I also ran these through the big shot using the Finial Press impression folder.  


For the greeting, I turned to the retired stamp set called Well Scripted.  I love the look of the writing.  I stamped my greeting onto a piece of Pink Pirouette card stock using Rose Red ink.  I then ran it through the big shot using the smallest frame from the Labels Collection framelits set.  I then edged it using Rose Red ink.  Now usually, I would use the next size up in the framelit set for the background.  However this would have been too large for the card.  So I cut out 2 Whisper White frames using the same size as the pink and made my own frame.  It is adhered after the roses are finished being glittered and drying using dimensionals.


The flowers were made using the stain glass technique.  I started by cutting a piece of acetate to measure 3 3/4" x 5".  I then stamped my rose onto this using StazOn ink.  I stamped 2 of them so I could use both colors I wanted to use.  Next I filled in the stem and leaves with a glue that dries clear and sprinkled the green glitter on top of it.  Shake off the excess glitter.  Then I did the rose bud and rose bloom of one flower with the glue and pink glitter and the other one with purple.   Be sure to shake off the excess glitter after each color.  You will then need to let this dry completely.  You will know it is dry when you turn it over and no longer see the glue but are greeted with dazzling glitter.  I adhered it to the pink base once it was dried completely, glitter side down.  I did this using a glue dot in each corner.  I covered these glue dots by adding the photo corners.  

My mom would have loved this card.  I know she is watching.  Grief is one thing that each of us goes through differently.  For me, making cards even for those who have died is very comforting.  It helps to ground me and get me back on track.  

I hope you enjoyed my card today.  Give the stain glass technique a try.  I know it may seem hard but it is really fairly simple and the result is beautiful.  Thanks for dropping by today.  See you tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment