CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, March 26, 2012

Baby Card

When we had our garage sale earlier this month, one of the cards I sold was a baby card with a cute little hippo on it.  I loved this card because the hippo was just too cute.  So this weekend when I was catching up my inventory, I decided I wanted to make another card using this guy.  For some reason in my mind he just lends himself to baby cards so I went with that theme again.  Ready to see him?  Of course you are!


Just as cute as before.  The first card I made was on pear pizzazz and had my little hippo with a pinwheel.  This time, I decided to go with a rattle instead.  I started with a base card of Bashful Blue cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I added a layer of Whisper White cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran it through the big shot using the perfect polka dots impression folder.  I adhered it to the blue using runner adhesive.  I then took out a stamp set called Something Sweet.  This set can be used with the circle treat cups if you choose but I decided I just wanted the rattle handle.  I stamped it using Bashful Blue ink onto Bashful Blue card stock.  I cut it out and set it aside.  Now I have tons of designer paper, some from Stampin' Up! and some from local craft stores.  The one I used on here is one I picked up years ago at a craft store.  I punched a 1 3/4" circle out of it.  I cut a strip of this same paper measuring 2".  I used the new Adorning Accents edgelits and cut the edge.  Next I took the coordinating Adorning Accents textured impression folder and add the embossing to it.  I attached it with runner adhesive.  I  then attached the rattle handle using the liquid glue.  The circle was added using a dimensional.  For the greeting, I turned to my favorite - the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  I used my Bashful Blue marker to color each word, one at a time and stamp them.  I punched it out using the 1" square punch.  It is layered on top of a piece of blue that was punched with the postage stamp punch using runner adhesive.  The entire stamp was attached using runner adhesive to the card.  I added some rhinestones to the greeting as well as the background.


My hippo is one of the easiest punch art critters to make.  All you need is the owl builder punch, the 1 3/4" circle punch and the boho blossom punch.  I used Basic Gray, Whisper White and Basic Black card stock.   I highlighted the edges of the gray using Basic Gray ink.  The head is attached to the body using a dimensional.  I attached the entire hippo to the card using dimensionals also.  I will tell you that since the head was already raised with the dimensional attaching it to the body, I put 2 dimensionals stacked one on top of the other so it would stayed raised like I want when I attached it to the card.

Well, my yard guy is coming to spray the weeds and get rid of all of them so I had better get prepared for him to arrive.  I will be back tomorrow with another share so please come back to see what I have.  I will see you all then.  Thanks for dropping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment