CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Elegance of Cards

Happy March everyone.  Here in Phoenix Arizona we are hoping for another month of spring like temperatures and maybe a little rain too.  Nice weather is always appreciated here and goodness knows we will run out soon enough.

Today I wanted to share I card I made using a couple of items from the Occasions Mini catalog.  Remember, this catalog is only around until April 30th do make sure you get your orders in before then.  Anyway, I used items that I thought would make a very elegant card to send to someone for their birthday or just to say hi.  So how about I stop rambling and let''s get started on the card.


I started this one with a base card of Lucky Limeade cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I then turned to my Shimmer White card stock cut at 4" x 5 1/4" and ran it through my big shot using the Vintage Wallpaper impression folder.  I used runner adhesive to attach this to the Limeade base card.   I added rhinestones to the center of the flowers on the white background after I attached the blossoms and the greeting. 


For the greeting I turned to 2 stamp sets.  The first is called Four Frames.  I used this one to stamp the pretty frame that you see in Lucky Limeade ink on Whisper White card stock.  I then turned to the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and stamped the "just for you" sentiment in Limeade ink.  I then used the Decorative Label punch to punch out the greeting.  I took a piece of scrap Limeade card stock and punched out 2 more Decorative Labels to make the frame to go around the greeting.  Once this was put together, I set it aside as it needed to be attached after the flowers were.  I adhered it using dimensionals.  Then it was time to work on the flowers.



This is where the Occasions Mini catalog comes in to play.  I used the stamp set called Mixed Bunch to get the beautiful filigree design you see on my flowers.  I stamped this flower 3 times total.  Do only one at a time though.  I stamped the flower using VersaMark ink onto Whisper White card stock.  I then used my Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango and Tempting Turquoise embossing powders to heat emboss them.  That is why you can only do one at a time.  Once a flower is stamped, sprinkle the powder over the flower, shaking off the excess.  Then use the heat tool to heat emboss it.  When these 3 were finished, I used the coordinating punch from the Occasions Mini catalog called Blossom and punched each flower out.  Using the solid end of my paper piercer, I curled the petals of the flowers under just a little.  I then took scrap pieces of Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango and Tempting Turquoise card stock and punched out a blossom using the Blossom punch.  I then adhered the solid color to the embossed flower off setting the petals.  I adhered these with glue dots.  I wanted a little bling on the flowers so I added rhinestones to the center of each flower.  I had one to match the turquoise and melon colors but not the tangerine.  I turned to my alcohol inks and colored one to match the tangerine.  I then attached the flowers using dimensionals.  Once they were on, I could adhere the greeting and add rhinestones to the center of the flowers on the white embossed background. 

Now that may seem like a lot of steps but it is really not a difficult card to make.  Give it a try and send me a picture of yours.  I would love to see what you come up with.  I shall return tomorrow to finish the week off with another creations.  Have a wonderful rest of your day and I will see you tomorrow.  Thanks for dropping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment