CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Daisies - The Friendly Flower

Have you ever seen the movie "You've Got Mail" with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks?  In the movie, the character Meg Ryan plays loves daisies and she calls them the friendly flower.  I guess I can see her point.  When they are in bloom, they always make me smile.  So for today's share, I turned to a stamp I picked up at a craft store a few years ago.  This little stamp has been used every spring for the past few years.  Well let's get started shall we.


This card starts with a base card of Pink Pirouette cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  Next I cut a piece of acetate at 4" x 5 1/4".  I took my little daisy stamp and stamped it onto the acetate in a random pattern.  Now as you know when working with acetate, you need to use an ink like StazOn because it dries immediately and does not smear.  From the picture, I bet you can see that there is no black ink used on this.  However, all the inks are by StazOn.  I used a pink, purple, green, and blue StazOn ink to give the flowers borders of color.  For some reason the colored inks do not dry immediately so to avoid a smear, I used my heat tool and heat set the ink after I stamped all the flowers.  I also let it sit for 30 to 45 minutes.  Once I was sure it was all dry, I glittered the center of all the flowers with a sunshine yellow glitter by adding a glue that would dry clear and then sprinkling the glitter.  Shake off the excess.  Next go by the colors and glitter your flowers in the same way.   Sit this aside to dry completely.  You will know its dry when you look at the other side and no longer see glue.  You only see the glitter.  I adhered this to my base card once it was dry using glue dots.  To cover the dots, I punched photo corners using the retired photo corner punch.  I ran the photo corners through the big shot using the Square Lattice die, then attached them with glue dots.


For the greeting, I first punched a 2 1/2" scallop circle in Whisper White.  Next I punched a 1 3/4" scallop circle in Pink Pirouette.  I took a scrap piece of vellum paper and stamped my greeting which comes from the stamp set Word Play.  I used the pink StazOn ink and heat set it so it would match the flowers.  I then punched it out using the 1 3/4" scallop circle.   I glued the vellum onto top of the pink one and then layered that on top of the white scallop.  Just to jazz it up a little, I added some Stickles glitter glue to each scallop.  I attached this to the finished card using dimensionals.  The nice thing about this card is it could be used for a birthday or a graduation or any occasion where wishing big would be appropriate.  All in all, I do like the background of flowers and will try this again at some point.

That's all I have for this terrific Tuesday.  I hope all of you have a wonderful day.  Thanks for stopping by today.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment