CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Anniversary Card for My Hubby

Welcome to Thursday's post everyone.  I am so glad you decided to drop by today.  I am happy to say I had a wonderful anniversary with my husband.  I am so blessed to have him in my life.  I wanted to share the card I made for him with you today.  I would have shared it yesterday but I was not sure if he would see my blog prior to getting the card so I chose to wait.  Anyway, let me share it with you now.


Ta Da!!!  Well what do you think?  It is so hard to come up with ideas every year for these cards.  I am always trying to top the one from the year before.  One of these days, I will realize that I don't always have to top it.  I just need to be sure to make one.  Oh well, let's get back to the card.  

I started with a base card of Garden Green cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I used green because it is his favorite color.  Next I grabbed a piece of Brushed Silver card stock and cut it to be 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran it through my big shot using an impression folder called Diamond Plate.  My reason for choosing this is it reminds me of the bumper of his ladder truck at work.  I pulled out a scrap piece of Red Glimmer paper (you know the one with the glitter already on it) and using my small heart punch, I punched lots of hearts to scatter around on the front.  I attached them using glue dots after the character and greeting were attached.  The greeting is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and is stamped using Basic Black ink onto white.  I punched it out using the word window punch and layered it onto a modern label in black.


 First let me apologize for the shadow on the pictures.  I had to make the card at night and was using a table lamp for light.  Guess my big head got in the way and caused a shadow.   The character I chose for this card is Roger Rabbit.  Who Framed Roger Rabbit is one of my husband's favorite movies.  I first posted him on November 1, 2011.  The post is title Do You Recognize This Guy?.  If you are interested in how to make him, you will find all the punches and instructions in that post.  Therefore, I am not going to bore you again with those details.  


My saying for inside my card comes from the stamp set called A Word For You.  I first ran a piece of Whisper White card stock through the big shot using a die called Ovals.  It cuts 3 sizes of ovals out.  I used the largest one and stamped my greeting onto it using black ink.  I edged it with black also so that it would stand out some.  It is adhered using runner adhesive.  Now this is not all I put inside of the card, but my special note to him was hand written and personal so this photo was done prior to my writing it.  

I can't believe we are almost at Friday again.  The week has flown by.  I will have one more card to share with you tomorrow.  It is not another Mother's day card I promise.  I hope you will stop by to see what it is.  Thank you so much for stopping by today.  See you tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment