CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Go Go Girls Are Back

Happy Thursday everyone!  I decided to change direction completely today and not do anything holiday related.  Instead, I did another birthday card featuring those adorable Go Go girls.  They are so much fun to make and look so cute I just love to find new uses for them.  Anyway, let's get started shall we?!


 I started this card with a base card of Raspberry Ripple card stock.  I cut this to measure 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Old Olive on top of this cut at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  This was adhered down with runner adhesive.  For the top layer, I started with a piece of Whisper White measuring 4" x 5 1/4".  I punched out Old Olive, Raspberry Ripple and Pretty in Pink circles with my 1/2" and 3/4" circle punches.  I adhered these to the white using the runner adhesive.  Once I had them all down where I wanted, I trimmed off any excess hanging over the edge and ran it through my big shot using a medium dots impression folder I picked up at a local craft store.  I attached this to the card using the runner adhesive once again.

For my greeting, I used a stamp from the stamp set Tiny Tags.  I stamped this using Raspberry Ripple ink onto Whisper White and punched it out using the 3/4" circle punch.  Next I punched a scallop circle from Pretty in Pink card stock using the 1 1/4" scallop circle.  I sponged the edges of the white and pink with the Raspberry Ripple ink and attached the white to the pink with a glue dot.  The entire greeting was attached to the card using a dimensional.  Time to make the girls.



 Since both girls are made the same way, I will only explain it once.  You will use the owl builder punch, the 3/4" circle punch and the 1" circle punch to make them.  I also used a 1/8" circle punch for the whites of the eyes but you do not have to.  For both girls you will need Soft Suede card stock for the hair and retired Blushing Bride for the face, neck, hands, arms and legs.  To make the face, punch out a 3/4" circle.  Now using the 1" circle punch, punch a ring around the 3/4" circle hole.  This piece will be cut into 5 pieces for the neck, arms and legs.  While you have the blush card stock handy, punch out the bottom portion of the owl from the owl builder punch.  You will cut the feet off and use them for the hands.  Also punch the small circle for the nose.  The back of the hair is the owl body minus the feet turned upside down while the bangs are half of a 1" circle.  

For this first girl, I gave her Wild Wasabi eyes and used the smallest circle of the owl builder punch for them.  For her headband, dress and boots I used the new Champagne Shimmer card stock from the holiday catalog.  I love the color of this paper.  The dress it the vest from the owl builder and the boots are the heart from it.  Now in the past, I only punch one heart and cut it in half for the two shoes.  This time I decided I wanted her to have boots so I punched 2 hearts and trimmed a little off of one side.  The headband is made by first punching a 3/4" circle.  Then use the 1" circle punch and offset it from the hole.  This will be placed behind the bangs.  All pieces of her are attached using a liquid glue.  The "jewel" on her headband is a leopard print dot I picked up at the craft store.  It matches perfectly!!  Add a heart from the owl builder to each side of the gem to complete the bow look.  Once all put together, she is attached to the card using dimensionals.  



For this girl, I used Marina Mist card stock for her eyes and a shimmery pink card stock from my local craft store for her outfit.  Her headband gem is a zebra striped pink dot I bought at the same time as the leopard one.  She is made exactly the same way as the other one.  I did draw their mouths on and add a dot to each of their eyes using a fine tip black marker.  She is also attached to the card with dimensionals.  

Wonder what I should make for tomorrow?  I am not sure right now what it will be but I will have something.  I guess you will just have to stop by to see what it is.  I will see you all then.  Thanks for stopping by today!!



No comments:

Post a Comment