CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, August 13, 2012

Another Flower for the Holidays

Happy Monday everyone!!  I am sending wishes to all of you for a wonderful week.  I am starting my with a little cleaning in my craft room.  Believe me, it is needed.  I do not know how I get so much stuff out of place!!  Even things that are where they are suppose to be are forgotten because I have not used them in a while.  So a thorough cleaning is called for in this case.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  My youngest daughter, Kaitlyn, was bitten by a bug on her hand on Saturday.  Since it happened when she was sleeping we do not know what type of bug bite it is.  Poor little Kate has been taking benedryl and doing ice compresses to help with the swelling of the bite.  It is about a quarter size around and raised up.  You can tell there is fluid behind it.  I am hoping we will see improvement soon.  Other than it itching and hurting a little, she is doing okay.

I did have a chance to work on a fairly simple card this weekend.  I will tell you it is very easy to make and therefore, this will be a very short post.  So let me get started so I can get to cleaning.


The base card for this one is Real Red cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  Next I added a layer of Shimmer White card stock cut at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  I attached it using runner adhesive.  For the final full layer, I went with a piece of Garden Green measuring 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran this piece through my big shot using an impression folder called Evergreen.  I placed it in my color catcher and sprayed it with my champagne shimmer spray.  I then attached it to the white using the runner adhesive.  I added those cute little glitter dots I picked up at a local craft store to each corner of the green using glue dots to make them stick.  For the final layer on the front, I cut a piece of Shimmer White to be 3 3/8" x 3 3/8".  I rounded the corners using my corner rounder and then brushed the edges using a sponge with Real Red ink.  I attached it to the green using dimensionals.  


The only other component for the front of the card is the flower itself.  I started by cutting 4 sets of leaves out.  I did this using my big shot and a sizzlet die called Little Leaves.  I glued these to the white using a liquid glue.  I made sure one leaf was pointing at each corner.  Next I took a piece of Real Red card stock and ran it through my big shot using the retired Daisies #2 die.  This die was so popular when it first came out that it was on back order forever.  I was lucky enough to get mine quickly since I am a demonstrator.  It is my favorite flower to make and even though it is retired, I have no plans to stop using it.  When you cut the flowers, you get a small, medium and large daisy.  You will use all three.  It will also cut the center circle out. Just set these to the side.  Next I ran a piece of Whisper White through the big shot using the same die.  Set the centers of these flowers aside also.  Then it is time to layer.  I like to layer the matching sizes together first - small on small, medium on medium, and large on large. I offset the petals when doing this.   I chose to layer white on top of red but you can do it however you choose.  Once the sizes are layered, I then layer the medium set onto the large followed by the small set onto the medium.  If you look at my flower, you will see that I offset the petals so that the colors show up easily - try to put the red on white and white onto red.  I do all my layering using a glue pen so that I can really control where the glue goes.  Once all the sizes are layered together, you will want to cover the center hole.  Since my top flower was white, I wanted to use a red center.  I went with the one from the medium size flower.  I glued it on with my glue pen.  To add some sparkle to the center, I used one of those glitter dots and attached it to the middle using a glue dot.  

This is a fairly simple card but it does look really pretty when completed.  I love making these flowers.  I used them on a lot of my projects.  

Well that's it for today.  I am off to go through my stuff.  I wish you all a wonderful day.  I will be back tomorrow to share with you again.  Until then, thanks for stopping by.   


No comments:

Post a Comment