The base of this card is a piece of Melon Mambo card stock cut at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I then took a piece of Daffodil Delight and cut it to measure 4" x 5 1/4". I did run this through the big shot using the Lacy Brocade impression folder and then attached it to the Melon Mambo using runner adhesive. I know it is hard to see the impression but it is there I promise. For my final layer, I went with a piece of Whisper White cut at 3 3/4" x 5". I ran this piece through the big shot using the Perfect Polka Dots folder. I then used a sponge and Daffodil Delight ink to lightly brushed over the top of the dots to add a little color to the background. It was then adhered to the card using runner adhesive.
Next came the flowers. One of my mom's favorite colors was pink and she always looked beautiful in pink. I remember at her funeral we made sure to have pink roses and since then I try to incorporate them on cards for her. This year I wanted to make punch art roses. I had seen this technique used as a tulip but realized it could easily be adapted to be a rose by adding the green leaves. So I started these by grabbing my bird builder punch. That's right a little bird is responsible for all of this. I punched just the wing out of Regal Rose card stock. You will need 3 wings for each flower. I sponged the edges of each wing using Melon Mambo ink. Then it is a simple step of layering the wings (3) together to make the flower. I used liquid glue to adhere these. Next, I punched out the branch of the bird builder punch using Garden Green card stock. I trimmed all the leaves but 2 off. The 2 you leave on will form a "v" and are attached to the bottom of each rose with liquid glue. I set the completed roses aside to dry and went to work on the vase.
The vase starts with a piece of Whisper White card stock. You will punch a wide oval out of this and trim the top and bottom to be flat. I then ran my vase through the big shot using the Fancy Fan impression folder. I brushed the fan design, sides and bottom with Melon Mambo ink. I started adding the flowers to the vase at this time. I used a liquid glue on the stems to adhere them to the back of the vase. I trimmed off the stems that were sticking out of the sides of the vase with my scissors. I used dimensionals to attache the roses and vase to the card. Once adhered down, I added a few rhinestones to the vase.
I used the retired stamp set called Well Scripted to get my greeting from. I stamped it using Melon Mambo ink. I then used a set of scallop oval framelits I bought at a local craft store and my big shot to cut the greeting out. The edges were then brushed with the Melon Mambo ink. I then cut out the next size up of the scallop ovals using Daffodil Delight card stock. I ran it through the big shot using the Perfect Polka Dots impression folder and layered the smaller greeting on top using runner adhesive. Next I attached the whole greeting to the card with runner adhesive and added a few pearls around the edges for decoration.
Last I wanted to fill in the empty space and thought the word "MOM" would be appropriate. I cut these out using my big shot and the retired decorative strip die called Billboard. Once they were cut, I attached them to the card using liquid glue and added crystal effects on the top to make them glossy.
All in all not a bad card to make. The flowers are really easy and look great finished. I hope you will give them a try.
That's it for today. I wish you all a wonderful Wednesday and I will be back with another card to share tomorrow. Until then, thanks for dropping by today!!