CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, August 10, 2012

A Pretty Holiday Star

Happy Friday everyone!!  Here we are once again at the end of another week.  Where does the time go?  I have really been on a Christmas kick this week.  Other than the little car I shared on Wednesday and the witch's shoe on Tuesday everything else is Christmas.  I just seem really inspired to make cards.

Today's share has a star on it that I first learned to make from my good friend Theresa.  Let me show you the card and we will get started on how to make it.


I love this star.  But as always let's start with the base.  I used Old Olive on this one.  I cut the base card to be 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I added a layer on top of it of Basic Black cut at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" using runner adhesive.  For the top layer I wanted something a little different.  I started by cutting a piece of Cherry Cobbler at 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran it through my big shot using the Petals A Plenty impression folder.  Next I cut a piece of Old Olive to be 2" x 5 1/4".  I ran this piece through the big shot using the Holly impression folder I picked up at the craft store.  I took both pieces and sprayed them with my champagne shimmer spray.  I then layered the olive onto the cherry using runner adhesive.  I attached a piece of holiday ribbon from a craft store across the middle when the seam is and attached it to the back with runner adhesive.  Once that was complete, I attached the piece to the black with the same runner adhesive.  


The greeting I chose for this one comes from the retired stamp set called Christmas Punch.  I stamped it onto a piece of Whisper White using VersaMark ink and then sprinkled Cherry Cobbler embossing powder onto it.  I used my heat gun to heat emboss it.  Once it cooled I punched it out using the wide oval punch and attached it to the card using dimensionals.  Now onto the star.


You will need to make two of these to achieve the look I have on here.  They are layered together using a dimensional.  The glitter dots in the center were bought at the local craft store and are adhered to the star using glue dots.  To make the star, you will need the large tag punch as well as the retired small tag punch.  Now I could try to explain how to make this but it is much easier with pictures.  So click here and you will be taken to a tutorial on the Splitcoast Stampers site.  The step by step photos will walk you through the process.  I used a Shimmer White card stock to make the tag outline with and the piece of designer paper I used as the background of the star was part of a scrap paper pack I bought at another craft store years ago. You can use whatever color combo you would like.  On the tutorial I believe she used red for the tag outline and a polka dotted white for the background.  If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.  I will try to help the best I can.

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and stay cool.  I will be back on Monday with another share for you.  Until then, thanks for dropping by today.  See you Monday!!





No comments:

Post a Comment