CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Candy Candy Candy

First and foremost today I want to tell our niece Kayla and her husband Kyle congratulations on your new bundle of joy.  She is having a C-section this morning and will be welcoming baby Jackson very soon.  We cannot wait to meet him!!

Around Halloween time, I think the word "candy" must run through everyone's mind more than any other time of year.  I went to the grocery store just the other day and the Halloween candy is already out!  Does holiday decor start earlier and earlier each year or is it just me?  Seems everywhere I go I am seeing Halloween popping up.  So I thought I would stay on the bandwagon and share another Halloween card with you today.


I started this card with a base of Pumpkin Pie card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Basic Black on top of this measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  I used runner adhesive to attach it.  Next I added a layer of Gumball Green cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran it through my big shot using the spider web impression folder and then brushed Gumball Green on top of it using a sponge.  It is attached to the base using runner adhesive. 


I decided to make a "quilt" for this particular card.  This is a very easy technique to do.  I took a piece of Basic Black card stock and cut it at 4" x 5".  Next I took out a pack of Halloween designer paper I picked up years ago at a craft store.  I chose designs I liked and punched 1" squares out of them.  I punched 3 of each design so I could play with them and decide on the look I want.  I knew because of the measurements of the black that I would need 5 across and 4 down for the card, 20 pieces in all.  I randomly laid out a pattern and adjusted it until I was happy with the look.  When I was ready, I used runner adhesive to attache the squares to the base piece of black.  Once all were attached, I took the finished product and ran it through my big shot using my top note die.  I attached a piece of 1/4" black grosgrain ribbon to this using my runner adhesive and and then attached the quilt to the card using the same runner adhesive.  


To complete my design, I turned to the hundreds of Halloween stickers I have collected over the years.  I chose this witches hat as the focus of the front.  I know you cannot see it in the photo but the hat is made to feel like felt.  It has the lovely lavender ribbon band and a rhinestone in the center.  On the ribbon, I used 3 small candy corn stickers and layered them in the design you see.  I used small circle dimensionals I picked up at a craft store for them.  The hat is attached with dimensionals also.  

It is a simple card to make but I love the quilt look of it.  I hope you give it a try.  Let me know how your's works out.  

I wish all of you a wonderful Wednesday and I will be back tomorrow with another card to share with you.  I will also have a new nephew!!!  So excited!!  See you all later and thanks for stopping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment