CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, August 17, 2012

Halloween is Visiting Again

On Wednesday, I took my husband to the craft store to see all the Halloween decorations that have come out this year.  Of course, we did not leave the store empty handed.  While we did not purchase anything big to bring home we did buy some cute little ornament decorations for a tree.  We found this crazy Halloween tree that is much like a Christmas tree a few years ago.  It has black branches, orange lights and a skull with green eyes for the base.  Since then we have been collecting little things to decorate it with.  This year we were lucky enough to find some really cute items to add to the collection for it.

I must say that I am glad to have reached Friday.  I am really having an off week and just need it to end now.  Our daughter who lives at home has been gone most of the week on vacation and I miss her a lot.  My other daughter has been working hard and does not seem to have a lot of extra time to visit.  I guess that whole empty nest syndrome as they call it is setting in for me.  It's funny.  I thought I would get by without ever experiencing it but it made its way here this week.  There have been a couple of other things that happened too that set off my depression severely.  I hate it when that happens.  It really is not fun to feel sad all the time.

By now I am sure you are bored with me complaining so let's move on to the card of the day.  I wanted to share with you another version of a step card.  This time the step is in the center instead of on the side.  I chose to do the Halloween theme again because I was in that mood especially after going to the craft store.  As with the other cards, I will link you to a website to get all the instructions and a video tutorial for this one. This time I will be sending you to Dawn Griffith's site directly.  She is the one I learned to make this from and I know you will enjoy her video.  Let's get started.


As you can see, this card has the same number of steps as the other.  They are just moved to the center.  I chose to use a base of Elegant Eggplant for this one cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".  The panels on the right and left of the steps were made using Basic Black card stock.  They measure 3/4" x 4".  The center back panel insert was made using first Gumball Green card stock cut at 3 1/4" x 3 3/4".  I then added a layer of Basic Black measuring 3 1/8" x 3 5/8".  For the final layer I used Whisper White cut at 3" x 3 1/2".  The center step had a piece of Gumball Green measuring 1" x 2".  All pieces of panels as well as the panels thenselves were attached using runner adhesive.  

On each of the side panels, I stamped a spider hanging down that is from the retired stamp set Eat Drink & Be Scary.  I stamped him in VersaMark ink and heat embossed him using clear embossing powder.  I also added a ghost to each side made using Whisper White and Basic Black card stock.  I punched the ghost and eyes out using the owl builder punch.  The ghost is the owl body minus the feet turned upside down.  I added black glitter the the eyes using a glue pen and then attached them to the ghost with the glue pen.  The completed ghosts are attached to the card with runner adhesive.  To fill in the space between the spider and ghost, I added some purple glitter glue dots.


For my greeting, I used my Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  I stamped the saying using VersaMark ink onto Whisper White and heat embossed it using a Halloween embossing powder.  I punched this out with my word window and layered it onto a Pumpkin Pie modern label using runner adhesive.  I added a black pearl to each side for added drama and attached the entire piece to the card using runner adhesive.  I added purple glitter glue dots across the bottom for sparkle.

The center panel has 2 bats on it.  I punched these with the retired bat punch out of Basic Black card stock. Using a glue pen, I added black glitter to them and attached them to the green with runner adhesive.  


Finally, to decorate the back panel, I started once again with the retired stamp set Eat Drink & Be Scary.  I stamped the witch's hat using VersaMark ink onto the Whisper White card stock.  I then heat embossed it using the Halloween embossing powder.  I wanted to add a couple of pumpkins at the bottom.  I made using using Pumpkin Pie card stock and my small oval punch.  You punch 3 ovals and layer them together using runner adhseive.  Next I took a scrap piece of Soft Suede and added a stem to each and then using Garden Greed card stock I punched a branch out from the bird builder punch and used a leaf for each pumpkin's stem. These were attached to the pumpkin using my glue pen and the completed pumpkins were attached to the card using my runner adhesive.   I added orange glitter glue dots to the pumpkins and the area surrounding the hat.  

Here is the link to get you to Dawn's site to learn out to cut the card to fold this way:  http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com/dawns_stampin_studio/2010/04/awash-with-flowers-step-card-2-.html

Again it is not a hard card to make.  It just takes patience and practice.  

Well I am hoping for a quite weekend myself.  I hope you all get to do whatever it is you need to do to take care of you.  I will be back on Monday with another card to share.  Please come by to see what I come up with next.  Thanks for dropping in today and have a wonderful weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment