CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, August 6, 2012

Old Friend, New Look

Well, all my excitement over having the internet fixed was short lived.  It started acting up once again on Friday evening.  So this time, we called our provider and had them come out on Saturday to test everything. They are pretty sure they have isolated the problem and solved it.  Now we just surf the net and see what happens.  Cross you fingers.  I really want this to work.

Yesterday was an okay day for me.  It was my brother's birthday and while I shed a tear or two at his not being here, I also rejoiced thinking about the amazing party he was probably having in Heaven.  I miss him everyday and miss spending time with him.  He was taken too soon by my thoughts but I know it is God's timeline that counts.  Doesn't make it any easier to accept but I can be assured he is in a wonderful place now.

For my card today, I turned to a punch art character I learned to make from Ellen Kemper.  I made him a month or so ago.  He was the birthday card for my sister this year.  This time, I did the same character but put him in a holiday theme.  Let me show you the card and let's get started shall we.


I started with a base card of Cherry Cobbler measuring 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  For the top layer of this one, I turned to my Garden Green card stock.  I cut it to measure 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran it through my big shot using an impression folder I picked up the other day at my local craft store.  It is called Holly.  I love the look it embosses and thought it was perfect for Christmas.  I sprayed this piece with my Champagne shimmer spray and attached it to the base using runner adhesive.  The words were cut out using my big shot and my decorative strip which is retired called Billboard.  I cut them out of shimmer silver card stock and attached them after Garfield was on using a liquid glue.  



I thought I would break Garfield down for you this time.  I think I sent you to Ellen's site last time.  For the Santa hat, I used the Blossom Petals Builder punch.  I used the largest petal with the scallop ends and the largest skinny petal.  These were punched from Real Red card stock.  I cut the scallop part off the large petal and then layered it on top of a scallop oval punched out of Whisper White.  I added Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the scallop oval prior to attaching the hat.  The other petal is attached coming out from the large scallop petal.  I attached a pom pom ball at the end of it and added Stickles green glitter glue to the hat for looks.  

Garfield's face is made using a wide oval circle.  I punched most of him out of Tangerine Tango card stock.  His eyelids are 1" circles trimmed down.  The white's of the eyes are 3/4" circles punched out of Whisper White card stock.  The under eye part is from the 3/4" circle and the cheeks are the circle from the itty bitty punch pack.  I punched both of these from So Saffron card stock.  The pink is a 1/4" circle punched out of Melon Mambo.  All pieces are attached to one another using liquid glue.  I added the black eyes and fur to him using a black marker.  Many of the pieces of him are also outlined with black.


For all of the pieces punched for the bottom half of him, I used the Tangerine Tango card stock.  The body is a 1 3/4" circle.  For the arms I used the retired heart to heart punch.  I used the wide heart from this for them.  His hand is the end of a modern label punch that I punched off using the 1/2" punch.  His tail is a large oval punched around the hole from the retired small oval punch.  His legs are word windows and his feet are retired small ovals.  Again I added the fur and toes using the black marker.  All these pieces were also put together using the liquid glue.  Once the entire body of Garfield was completed, I let it dry completely and then attached it to the card using dimensionals.

I think the only thing I might add to him is a candy cane in his hand.  I think it would look cute.  Otherwise, I like him very much.  

Well that's it for today.  I hope your week gets off to a good start.  I will be back tomorrow with another share for you.  Hope to see you all then.  Thanks for dropping by today!



No comments:

Post a Comment