CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Internet Troubles Still At Work

Let me tell you I am truly frustrated with our internet right now.  It just goes in and out all day long.  We reboot the system and it works for a while, then it's gone again.  It is simply maddening trying to get anything done.  I work with a status box open on my desktop so I can see when the internet takes a vacation.  I really wish we could figure out what is causing the problem.

At least I am battling through these troubles to bring you another share.  I decided I would stick with the Christmas theme since Christmas makes me happy.  It just brightens up my mood.  Here is what I managed to come up with for you:


I decided to start with my favorite red, Cherry Cobbler.  I used this for the base card and cut it to be 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  Next, I took a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Garden Green card stock and ran it through my big shot using an impression folder called Evergreen.  I got this folder from craft store.  It just stood out to me.  I attached it to the base using the runner adhesive after I attached the greeting and the brad.  I added a few rhinestones to the background just for show but you could leave them off if you would like to.  


The greeting I chose to use for this one comes from the retired stamp set called Christmas Punch.  I stamped the image onto a piece of Whisper White card stock using VersaMark ink.  I sprinkled Cherry Cobbler embossing powder on it and heat embossed the image.  I punched it out using my wide oval punch.  I also punched a wide oval out of Cherry Cobbler and layered the embossed piece on top of it.  They are attached together using runner adhesive.  I also added a cute little stocking brad I happen to have.  I added this after attaching the greeting to the green card stock.  The brad was added to this before the green card stock was attached to the base.  


For my tree, I used a new stamp in the 2012 - 2013 catalog appropriately named Star Tree.  This is an individual stamp you can purchase.  I stamped the image onto Whisper White card stock using VersaMark ink.  I then used an embossing powder called Green Tinsel I bought at a convention a few years ago.  It had a little glitter in it and is very pretty once embossed.  Yes it is heat embossed.  I cut my piece of Whisper White down to measure 2 3/8" x 3 1/2".  I used my corner rounder to round the corners of this and then edged it using my sponge and Garden Green ink.  I layer this on top of a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock cut at 2 5/8" x 3 3/4".  I rounded the corners of this with the corner rounder also.  I layered these together using my runner adhesive and attached them to the base card using the same runner adhesive.  Once all components were attached to the base, I sprayed the entire card front with my champagne shimmer spray so it will sparkle in the light.  

If all the stars align I will be back tomorrow with another share.  Maybe I will not be so frustrated but no promises.  I appreciate you patience with this.  I hope it is fixed soon.  Thanks for stopping by today.  




No comments:

Post a Comment