CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, August 24, 2012

Let's Make Wreaths Again

Here we are at another Friday.  I am hoping for a calm weekend.  It has been a very long week and very busy.  I am just so happy to be able to craft and enjoy all my crafting tools.  I know I have said this before but it is so true.  I am just not complete when there is no crafting time.  I guess you could say it is just in my blood to make something each day!

Well I decided to stick with the Christmas theme for today's card.  From the title of this blog I am sure you have guessed that we will be making another wreath today.  This time it is the focal point of the card.  Ready?  Let's go!!


I started this card by cutting a base card of Garden Green card stock to measure 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scoring it at 4 1/4".  Next I took a piece of Real Red and cut it to measure 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran this through my big shot using an impression folder called Mosaic.  I know it is hard to see but I felt it gave a sort of stone look to the piece.  Finally, my top layer is made using Early Espresso card stock.  I cut it at 3 3/4" x 5".  I ran it through my big shot using the new Woodgrain impression folder.  I have a stamp by the same name and used it a lot. Now that the folder is out, I am using it more and more and my stamp just sits.  Not to worry, I will find a use for it again soon.  Once the Espresso was embossed, I punched a hole using my paper piercer and piercing pad about 1/2 way down the right side.  I added a silver brad measuring 5/16" to serve as a door handle.  The layers were attached to the base using runner adhesive and a few strategically placed glue dots.


To complete the look, I added a couple of strips of torn Whisper White card stock to the bottom of the card front.  They serve as the snow.  I felt they needed some dazzle so I used my glue pen and my Dazzling Diamond glitter and covered most of the white with glitter.  You do not need to get every little area.  It looks more natural if you have a few spaces without too.


Last but not least comes the wreath.  I am going to refer you again to Dawn Griffith's blog for a list of the materials she uses and a video on how to make this.  So click here and head on over to see her!!

I used a larger circle to make mine.  I punched a 1 3/4" circle out first and then punched a 2 1/2" circle around it making the ring to attach the leaves to it.  I used the colors Garden Green and Wild Wasabi for my card stock, alternating them as I went around the circle.  For the decorations, I chose to add some of those glitter dots I found at a local craft store and a white bow made from 1/4" gingham ribbon.  The dots are self adhesive (although I sometimes add a glue dot to these just to be sure they hold on really well) and the ribbon is attached using a glue dot.  The entire completed wreath is attached to the "door" using Tombo glue.  

Wonder what I will make this weekend?  I have several ideas running around in my head but will just have to see which one comes out.  I hope you will come back on Monday to see what I decided to do.  Thank you so much for stopping by today and have a wonderful weekend.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment