CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Halloween Spooks

Over the weekend, I visited one of the craft stores that is close to my home.  I love going to these at this time of year as all the seasonal decorations are coming out and look so cool.  I immediately visited the Halloween display to see what new items were out this year.  I also wanted to know if I would need to take my husband to see them.  The answer is yes.  He will really enjoy some of the things I viewed.  That doesn't mean we will purchase them just that we will visit them.  Anyway, it put me in the mood to make a Halloween card.  Today I will share with you what I came up with.  Are you ready?  Let's get started.


This type of card is called a Side Step card.  You can visit Splitcoaststampers by clicking here to get the full tutorial on how to make one of these. You will also find a video at the bottom of the tutorial that will take you through making one.   I like this card because it stands up easily and looks great on display.  I chose to use Gumball Green card stock for my base card.  I cut it at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" which is what the tutorial will tell you.  On the left side of the photo, I added a layer of Basic Black cut at 2 3/8" x 4 1/8".  The back panel on the right is a piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock cut at 2 1/2" x 4" with a layer of Basic Black on it measuring 2 3/8" x 3 7/8".  The panel right in front of that has a small piece of Daffodil Delight added to it which measures 1 1/4" x 2 1/4".  All of the panels were attached to the base using runner adhesive.  The only part of the card I will mention before focusing on panels is the fence.  I used my Soft Suede card stock for this.  I put it through my Cricut machine using a cartridge called My Community.  This cartridge has a fence on it that I thought would really work well.  Once it was cut out, I ran it through my big shot using the Woodgrain impression folder and sponged some Soft Suede ink onto the pieces which really brought out the impression on the piece.  I attached it to the front of the card using runner adhesive after completing the panel on the left.  The leaves added to the fence are from Garden Green card stock punched using the bird builder punch.  Now onto the panels!!


For the left panel, I chose to make a graveyard.  I started by punching Basic Gray card stock with my large tag punch.  I only needed 2 of these.  I brushed the edges with Basic Gray ink and set them aside.  Next I took Basic Black card stock and ran it through my big shot machine using the retired Billboard decorative strip to cut out the RIP for each head stone.  Once they were cut out I used a glue pen on them and added black glitter to them.  I also glued then to the stones using the same glue pen.  I then took some Whisper White card stock and using my owl builder punch and punched out 4 owls.  Yes I know you can only see 2 here but the others will show up in a minute.  I cut off the feet of the owls and turned them upside down.  I punched out the black eyes from the owl builder also and added black glitter to them for effect.  They are attached to the ghosts using a glue pen.  Last but not least, I punched a 1" circle out of white and brushed it with Basic Gray and Daffodil Delight ink to make a moon.  Once all pieces were completed, I attached them to the panel using runner adhesive.  


This photo highlights the 2 panels on the right side.  Let's start with the back panel first.  The greeting I chose from this one is from the retired stamp set called Eat Drink & Be Scary.  I stamped this onto Whisper White card stock using VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with a Halloween embossing powder that I picked up at a convention.  I punched this out with the retired small tag punch and layered it onto a large tag which had been punched out of Gumball Green.  I attached it to the panel using runner adhesive.  Here you can see one little ghost hiding behind a pumpkin.  He is attached using runner adhesive.  I made this pumpkin using Pumpkin Pie card stock and the wide oval punch.  You need 3 ovals for this. All ovals are brushed on the edges with Pumpkin Pie ink.  They are layered together using runner adhesive.  I added a stem of Soft Suede impressed with the Woodgrain impression folder.   The Garden Green leaves are from the bird builder punch.  I attached this large pumpkin with dimensionals.  All the pumpkins are made in the same way.  Only the sizes are different. 

The panel in front of this one has another cute ghost peeking out and 2 pumpkins.  The larger of the 2 was made using the large oval punch.  The small one used the small oval punch.  Again, these are made exactly the same way as the large one.  All items on this layer are attached with runner adhesive.



Finally we come to the front of the card on the right side.  I chose to go simple on this and just add a couple of pumpkins made using the small oval.  They are attached using dimensionals.  

I encourage you to give this type of card a try.  It is easier than it looks and is so nice to look at.  I have no idea what I will make for you tomorrow but I will come up with something.  Thanks for stopping by today and I will see you all tomorrow.  



No comments:

Post a Comment