CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, August 3, 2012

Is It Fixed?

Happy Friday everyone.  Well after replacing our router, we found that it was not our problem since the internet continued to go in and out.  So we went to the next step and replaced the modem.  Luckily we could take the router we bought back and use the money towards the modem which is kind of pricey.   So far so good.  We have not lost the internet once since installing the new modem.  Cross you fingers that this is the fix.  I will be once happy person if it it.

I have another Christmas card to share with you today.  This one is very simple to make.  If you are looking for an easy idea, I hope this will inspire you.  Ready?  Let's go.


This one starts with a base card of Real Red cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".  Next I cut a piece of Garden Green to measure 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran it through my big shot using an impression folder called Snowflakes.  I picked this one up at my local craft store.  Once embossed, I sprayed it using a Champagne shimmer spray and attached it to my card using runner adhesive.  I wanted to add a little something to the corners so I found these cute little dots that are covered in glitter.  I bought them several months ago at a craft store.  Since they are not self adhesive, I used glue dots to attach them to the corners.  I thought about adding some other gems or glitter glue to the card but chose not to .  I did not want to distract from the focal point.  


The stamp I chose for this card is one I really wanted to get from Stampin' Up! but failed to do so before it retired.  Luckily, my mother in law did buy it and has now passed it along to me.  The stamp was and individual one you could purchase called Christmas Postcard..  I stamped the image using a dark green StazOn ink.  While SU! only sells this ink in black, there are many shades of it.  I found this one years ago at the craft store and grabbed it.  It works well for all my greenery stamps.  It is stamped on a piece of Whisper White measuring 2 3/8" x 3 3/4". This is layered onto a 2 5/8" x 4" piece of Real Red using the runner adhesive.  I chose to use my colored pencils to color the image in.  I wanted the colors to stand out but also wanted the softness the colored pencils seem to produce.  


The bells on the stamped image actually have holly on them that I could have colored.  However, my daughter and I were out shopping in our favorite craft store a couple of weeks ago and came across these beautiful holly brads.  I did not realize at the time that they would fit perfectly onto this image.  Imagine my joy when I realized that and used them.  They add just a pop of shimmer without taking away from the overall appearance of the card.  I did think about adding some of those white glitter dots to the corner of this too but I really liked the look better without them.  

I kept this post short just in case the internet chose to act up.  I am happy to say that it allowed me to type an entire blog without going out once.  

I am so glad you chose to drop in today.  I wish you all a wonderful weekend.  Do something fun and creative if you can. I know I am going to try to have a little fun.  This month is a difficult one and the first hard day is this Sunday.  It is my brother's birthday.  I miss him tremendously but I know he would not want me to be sad.  He loved to laugh and joke around so I am going to do my best to honor him in that way.   I will return Monday with another share.  Please come back to see me then.  Thanks again for stopping in today!!



No comments:

Post a Comment