CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Happy Couple

Hard to believe it is Thursday already.  This week has actually been so busy that it is just flying by.  This entire month seems to be flying by.  As we approach the holiday season, I always want time to slow just a little to allow lots of time to celebrate and enjoy each holiday.  I guess we will have to see if this year slows down or just keeps on flying.

Today I decided I wanted to get in the holiday spirit again so I made a Christmas card.  This one features a very special couple on it -- Mr. and Mrs. Claus.  I am a huge Santa fan and who would not want a Mrs. Claus to bake cookies and make the holidays all warm and fuzzy.  Well this card is one that I decided would feature this dynamic duo so let me show you what I made.


They are such a cute couple!!  I started with a base card of Real Red card stock cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock to be 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran this piece through my big shot using the Lacy Brocade impression folder.  Once it was embossed, I attached a holly leaf brad to the upper right corner and adhered it to the card using runner adhesive.  The greeting is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  I stamped it onto Whisper White card stock using Real Red ink.  I then punched it out using the word window punch and layered it onto a Real Red modern label using runner adhesive.  I added a rhinestone to each end and adhered it to the card with dimensionals.  

To learn how to make the wreaths, I am going to direct you to Dawn Griffith's web site.  There you will find all the materials needed and a video to show you how to make it.  I did make mine larger that hers by punching a 2 1/2" circle around a 1 3/4" circle hole.  These are pretty easy to make but do take a little time.  I added Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details for berries to them and adhered them to the card using Tombo liquid glue.  


I used Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Black and the retired Blushing Bride card stock to make Santa.  His hat top and brim are wide ovals.  I ran the red part of the hat through my big shot using the Snow Burst impression folder.  It is attached vertically to the white oval.  The face is a large oval.  Once it is attached to the white of the hat, I added Dazzling Diamond glitter to the hat brim.  The eyes, nose and mouth are all 1/4" circle.  I attached the eyes directly to the face.  The mustache is from the bird builder punch.  You use the wings.  I attached them to the face using dimensionals and glued the nose to the top of it and the mouth right under it.  The beard is the ornament punch.  I ran this through the big shot using the Elegant Lines impression folder.  Attach this to the face prior to attaching the eyes and mustache.  I line up my eyes with the top of the ornament and place the mustache over it  to hide it.  White gel was added to the eyes and a pom pom ball was placed at the brim of the hat for decoration.  


Use the same colors of card stock for her.  Her bun is a 1 1/4" circle.  To make her hair ribbon, I punched another 1 1/4" circle around a 1 1/4" circle hole.  I added red glitter to it.  Her face and her hair are a 1 3/4" circle.  Cut the hair to look you want for her.  Her ears and white part of her eyes are the medium circle from the owl builder punch.  Her nose and black part of her eyes are a 1/4" circle.  Her collar is the 1 3/4" scallop circle.  I added Dazzling Diamond glitter to this.  I drew her mouth on and added rhinestone earrings to her ears (I am sure they were a present from Santa!).  

I had so much fun making these faces.  They just make me happy.  I will return tomorrow with another card for you to see.  I am so glad you stopped by today to have a look at what I made.  Please come back and see me tomorrow!!  Have a wonderful day!



2 comments:

  1. Your punch art is great. I just found it yesterday. Going to make M and M cards for the nieces. Can't decide which Snoopy card to make for a friend who is a big Snoopy fan. Will probably do Snow White for a granddaughter who is a princess.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  2. are they for sale?

    ReplyDelete