This card was a lot of fun to make. I first saw a card similar to this one made by Marie Shaughnessy. Click here to see her card. I started with a base card of Not Quite Navy card stock cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2". I added a layer to the top of Basic Black cut to be 4 1/8" x 5 3/8". I used runner adhesive to do this. For the top layer, I cut another piece of Not Quite Navy at 4" x 5 1/4". I decorated it before I layered it on with runner adhesive.
I main portion of the front is devoted to the buildings. I used Basic Gray and Basic Black card stock for these. I cut one of each color to be 1 3/8" wide and one of each to be 1 5/8" wide. The heights were not exact measurements. I just staggered them. I angled the top of two of the building freehand. I also added an antenna to the tallest one using a scrap strip of Brushed Silver and a 1/8" circle of Brushed Silver. I added some Whisper White craft ink to the edges of the buildings using a sponge. I then adhered the buildings using a repositional adhesive so that I could manipulate them to add the other pieces of the scene. Once all pieces were added, I adhered them with a permanent runner adhesive.
For the windows, I drew vertical lines and horizontal lines on 2 using a white gel pen. I then added small squares on the other 2 with the white gel pen. Just pack your patience because this does take time but the overall look is terrific.
To make the Bat signal, I started with a piece of vellum. There are no measurements for this one. I just cut and placed and cut and placed until it looked like I wanted. I then colored the vellum using Daffodil Delight ink and a Q-Tip. I punched a large oval out of Basic Gray card stock and trimmed the edges to give it the clould look. Now my husband asked why I did not make this yellow instead of gray. The answer was simple. The signal always appeared on a cloud in the sky and the sky was always dark. I have never seen a yellow cloud so I went with gray. I added a little Basic Black ink to it using a sponge. I adhered the vellum to the card using a glue stick and then attached the building permanently to the card. The cloud is attached at the top of the vellum using runner adhesive. I then took the retired bat punch and punched out a Basic Black bat. I added black glitter to the bat and attached him to the cloud using dimensionals.
To complete the final look, I punched out large ovals and small ovals using Basic Gray card stock. I trimmed the edges of these to give the cloud feel to them and attached them to the card using runner adhesive. I finished it by using Basic Black ink and my sponge and adding ink to the clouds and sky. I wanted it to have a dark night feel.
This card was easy to make and fun to do. I think lots of boys and men would love a Batman themed card. Take at look at Marie's and give one a try if you feel the urge.
Well, my sister in law will be having her back surgery tomorrow. I will be keeping my nieces and nephew so it should be a busy day. I will do my best to get a card made to share with you. Come back tomorrow to see if I am successful. Thanks for dropping by today!!