CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Christmas Pop Up

Happy Wednesday everyone.  Today's post is going to seem extremely short to you.  I chose to do another fancy fold card today called a Free Standing Pop Up Card.  I will show you the card standing, as it's being folded and completely folded to go in an envelope.  I will link you to the tutorial where you will receive all instructions as well as a video on how to make this one.  So let's get started.


For this card, I chose to use Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White card stock.  On my base, I stamped an image using a wheel called Santa's Lineup.  This one is retired.  I stamped it in VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  You can used any stamp you would like to decorate the base.  You just want to do it prior to building the card.  

For my main attraction, I went with the Christmas Deer stamp.  I stamped him in Early Espresso ink and glittered his antlers with gold glitter.  I added glitter glue dots to the area surrounding my deer.  You will need to be sure this is completely dry before trying to lower the card.  


In this photo, I wanted to show you how the card looks as it is being folded flat.  The deer will disappear down the center and all those score lines that you folder will enable this to happen.  Pretty cool huh?


Finally we see the flattened card.  Okay so it's not perfectly flat but you know what I mean.  This will fit in your standard envelopes you get for regular 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" cards.  You can mail this one easily.  You may need to include instructions on how to set it up, but the recipient will love it.  

Here is the link to get you to the instructions:  http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/freestandingpopupcard/

I know the fancy folds can be intimidating when you first look at them but give them a try.  You might be surprised at how easy they are to construct.  

I will be back again tomorrow with another fancy fold for you.  Until then have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping in to see me!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment