Part of my weekend was spent crafting my heart away. I decided I wanted to work with some fancy folds again since I was going to be making a bunch of Thank You cards for my husband's charity at work. When I designed these for them, I made them to be a side step card so that it could be displayed easily by the recipient. I enjoy working with different folds. They always pose a challenge while I wrap my mind around exactly how to fold it but when I get it done, I am always pleased.
Today's card is a fancy fold. It is not one I have made before and shown here on my blog so hopefully you will enjoy it. Let me start by showing you the card front and then we will get to the special part of it.
I chose to do a Halloween theme for this one. One of the main reasons I love making Halloween cards is the color scheme I work with. I started this one with a base card of Gumball Green. This really has become one of my favorite colors. I cut it to be 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4". I next cut a strip of Basic Black to measure 1 1/2" x 5 1/2". I cut a piece of a Halloween ribbon and adhered it to the strip using a runner adhesive. I then cut a smaller piece of the ribbon and made a small knot. It is adhered to the other ribbon using a glue dot. I then adhered the strip across the middle of the front of the card using runner adhesive. To complete the background look, I added dots above and below the black strip. I did this using VersaMark ink and the eraser end of a pencil.
I used a new stamp from the holiday catalog called Frightening Feline. This one caught my eye the first time I went through the catalog and I knew I had to order it. I stamped it onto a piece of Whisper White measuring 2 5/8" x 3" using Elegant Eggplant ink and sponged the edges with the ink also. This is layered onto a 2 7/8" x 3 1/4" piece of Gumball Green. The green is then layered on piece of Basic Black measuring 3 1/8" x 3 1/2". Finally, the black is layered onto a piece of Elegant Eggplant card stock cut at 3 3/8" x 3 3/4". All of these layers are adhered together using runner adhesive. The final piece is attached to the card using glue dots. I could have used dimensionals but decided to go with glue dots this time. Now let's get to the exciting part.
The inside of the card is a pop up. This is a look from the front.
Here's a look from the top down.
To begin this, I chose to use a piece of dsp that came in a paper pack I bought years ago. I cut it as well as a piece of Basic Black to measure 4 1/8" x 5 3/8". I lined the inside flap of the card with the bats and the lower half with the black. Your stage will attach to this. Now I could try to describe how to make this but instead I will send you to the Splitcoaststampers and let you read all the directions and watch a video on how to make this by Kim Score. Click here to get all directions.
I sprayed my stage with champagne shimmer spray to add a little sparkle. For the decorations, I wanted to keep them simple. I started by making 2 ghosts with Whisper White and Basic Black card stock and my handy owl builder punch. I sponged the edges of them with Basic Gray ink and added black glitter to the eyes that were attached with liquid glue. The pumpkins were made using Pumpkin Pie card stock and the small oval punch. You need 3 ovals for each. The edges of these are sponged with Pumpkin Pie ink. I added orange glitter glue to the pumpkins once they were put together using liquid glue. I took a scrap of Soft Suede and ran it through the big shot using the Woodgrain impression folder and cut small pieces to make the stems of the pumpkins. I then used Garden Green card stock and the bird builder punch to get the leaves for them. The stem and leaf were attached with the liquid glue also. Last is the gravestone. It was punched using the large tag punch and Basic Gray card stock. I sponged the edges with matching ink and wrote the RIP on with black marker. All of these inside pieces are adhered to the pop up sticks using dimensionals.
For the greeting I decided to use a retired stamp set called Tableau of Terror. I stamped this onto Whisper White card stock using VersaMark ink. I then heat embossed it using black embossing powder. I cut it out free hand which explains the funky shape. The edges were sponged using Elegant Eggplant ink. It was attached to the top of the stage with runner adhesive.
Well that is all for today. I hope you week gets off to a great start. Hop on over the Splitcoaststampers and learn how to make this one. It is easier than you think. I will be back tomorrow with another share. Until then, thanks for stopping by!!