CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Penguin In Arizona?

Hello everyone.  Well here I am preparing for another 110 + degrees today.  It is just hot hot hot.  I try to run all my errands in the morning because by the afternoon, you do not want to be outside at all.  Even my dog is smart enough to stay in until the sun starts to go down.  So I wanted to think of cold things today to try to cool off.  For some reason penguins came to mind.  I have never made a punch art penguin before and using anything except the owl builder punch so I thought why not give it a try.  I believe I have seen one resembling this guy on Kay Sha's blog but I am not sure.  If I did, then thanks Kay for the inspiration!!


I chose to use Bashful Blue for the base card of this one although Marina Mist would have also looked good.  I cut the base card to be 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer on the front of it made with Basic Black cut at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" using runner adhesive.  For the top layer I cut a piece of Whisper White to measure 4" x 5 1/4".  I used my pastels (chalks) to create the blue background.  Instead of trying to make it look like a sky with clouds, I simply colored it in with broad strokes.  I then ran this piece through my big shot using the Northern Flurry impression folder.  I added a torn piece of Whisper White to the bottom and added Dazzling Diamond Glitter to the edge of it using a glue pen.  I also used my glue pen to add Dazzling Diamond glitter to the raised snowflakes.  I attached the completed piece to the card with my runner adhesive.


I will break my little penguin down for you so you will know how to make him.  We will start with the top and work our way down.  The colors used for the head area are Whisper White, Basic Black, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Garden Green and Cherry Cobbler.  The black of the face was made with the 2 1/2" circle punch.  I also punched the red and green of the hat with this.  The red was punched and then cut in half.  For the point of the hat I used my ornament punch.  I ran these two pieces through the big shot using the Snow Burst impression folder.  The green was a piece that was punched around a 2 1/2" circle hole.  I offset the punch and got the brim of the cap and then ran it through the big shot using the Fancy Fan impression folder. The white of the face was made using the wide oval punch.  For the eyes, I turned to the circle punch from the itty bitty punch pack.  I punched both black and blue and layered them.  White get was added for effect. To make the beak, I used the small oval punch.  I punched one whole one for the bottom part.  To get the point of the beak, I first punched a fancy flower using the punch with that name.  I just punched out a couple of the petals.  You will not need the entire flower.  Then I lined up the small oval punch with the pointed dip between the petals and punched to get the beak shape.  I sponged both pieces using Tangerine Tango ink and layered them together.  His ear muffs were also punched with the small oval punch while the ball on his cap was punched with a 1/2" circle punch.  The muffs and ball have Dazzling Diamond glitter added to them using a glue pen.  All pieces were assembled using liquid glue.


Now onto the bottom half.  The colors of card stock used here are Basic Black, Whisper White and Tangerine Tango.  The black body is made using the 2 1/2" circle punch.  The white of the tummy was made with the 1 3/4" punch. I added Dazzling Diamond glitter to this with my glue pen.  For the arms, I used the retired small oval punch (not the one used before - the retired one).  The feet are a modern label cut in half.  All pieces were assembled using a liquid glue.  Once the entire penguin was assembled, I attached him to the card using dimensionals.

I chose not to have a greeting on this one.  If you wanted to add one, you could have the penguin holding a sign with a greeting on it.  That would be cute too.

Well if you are warm like us, I hope this little guy gives you some cool thoughts for a while.  Thanks for dropping by today and I will be back tomorrow with another card to share.  See you then!



No comments:

Post a Comment