CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Beach Fun!

Living here in Arizona, you get use to the fact that it is going to be hot hot hot.  We do not usually expect any relief from the heat until November.  Sad.  So every now and then, I like to play my sound CD which has ocean sounds on it.  I close my eyes and escape to a cool place on a beautiful beach.  Well today was one of the days I needed that escape.  While I was visiting this place in my mind, I came up with an idea for my card that I wanted to make for you.  So let's get started.


I used a base card of Gumball Green cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  The only layer I added is a piece of Whisper White measuring 4" x 5 1/4".  I colored a sky and sand using my pastels.  I do so love working with these.  Once it was all colored, I attached it to the base card using runner adhesive.  


The greeting I chose comes from the retired stamp set called Occasional Quotes.  I stamped it using Pacific Point ink directly onto the card stock.  I wanted to have a sun on my card because I think of the sunshine when I think of the beach.  The beach in my mind is one I visit only at sunset but I went with the sun being up instead.  I punched out the large flower from the boho blossom punch.  I used Tangerine Tango and Daffodil Delight card stock.  I edged the daffodil one using the tangerine ink and then layered it onto the tangerine one using liquid glue.  I attached it to the card with a dimensional.  I then added some yellow glitter glue to the sun.  I did not realize until I finished adding it that it kind of looks like a starfish.  I was impressed with my skill to incorporate this into the card.  Just kidding!!


I first made this little car back in March for my anniversary card for my husband.  I made 2 of them so there would be a boy and a girl car and used a larger card.  Today, I wanted to make just one.  Here is a list of the punches I used:

Roof/Lower Body - wide oval
Hood - wide oval trimmed and placed long ways on the body
Windshield - large oval
Fenders - large oval trimmed just a little on one end
Rear view Mirror - retired horizontal slot
Headlights - 1/2" circle layered onto a 3/4" circle
Side Bumpers - word window, cut in half
Front Bumper - decorative label
Tires - modern label, cut in half
License Plate - modern label end punched on edge of card stock
Flowers - small scallop flower from the itty bitty punch pack

The colors of card stock used for the car are:  Gumball Green, Basic Black, Whisper White, Brushed Silver, Tangerine Tango, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo and Vellum Paper.  All pieces were assembled using a liquid glue.  I wrote "FUN" on the license plate with a black marker.  I also added yellow, orange, pink and turquoise glitter glue to the flowers on the car.

To make my surfboards, I took a piece of Whisper White card stock and drew my own.  I then cut them out using my scissors.  I brushed the edges of these with Crumb Cake ink.  For the stripes on them, I pulled out scraps of Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Real Red and Pacific Point card stock and cut strips.  I attached them to the surfboards using liquid glue and attached the finished boards to the car with the same liquid glue.

Once the boards and car were complete and dried, I attach it to the card using dimensionals.  

I hope this little car gives you images of fun on the beach.  I personally do not surf but I always enjoy watching others.  

Thanks for stopping by today and I will see you back here tomorrow!!  Have a wonderful Wednesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment