CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, June 29, 2012

30th Birthday

Happy Friday everyone.  And it is a Happy Birthday wish to one of my sister coworkers, Katie.  She turns the big 30 today but no worries.  It is not the end of the world.  I was asked to make a birthday card for her for the office to sign and present to her.  I was more than happy to do it.  I thought I would share it with you today since I think it turned out really cute.


I do not know why these little go go girls just make me smile. I also don't know why the theme to the Austin Powers movies was running through my head the entire time I was working on these.  Weird, huh?

 I wanted to make this card larger than I normally do so I started with a base card cut at 7" x10", scored at 5".  My color choice for this was Tempting Turquoise.  I then added a layer of Basic Black measuring 4 7/8" x 6 7/8" followed by a layer of Whisper White cut at 4 3/4" x 6 3/4".  All layers were adhered together with runner adhesive.  Next I cut pieces of Gumball Green, Elegant Eggplant and Melon Mambo measuring 2" x 3".  I placed each of these into the impression folder called Spots and Dots and ran them through the big shot.  They were attached to the card using a runner adhesive.  Finally I cut a strip of Basic Black 1 1/2" x 6".  I attached it to the bottom of the card front using the same runner adhesive.  I sprayed the entire front of the card using my champagne shimmer spray.  

I wanted to share a close up of each little girl with you.  So here they are and I will give you all the details of how to make them after the last one is shown.




I have made these little girls before so you may already know how to do them.  If not here is the recipe:

Hair - owl body from the owl builder punch
Bangs - 1/2 of a 1" circle
Headband - a 1" circle punched around a 3/4" circle hole, do this a little off to one side
Face - 3/4" circle
Arms, Legs, and Neck - 1" circle punched around a 3/4" circle; for this one you want to center it around it
Dress - vest from the owl builder punch
Shoes - heart from the owl builder punch cut in half

I used Blushing Bride (retired) and zebra striped card stock for these headbands, dresses and shoes.  I picked these up at one of the local craft stores.  I wanted the center girl to be different so I went with a pink glittered pattern for her and a black glittered for the other two.  I added a few rhinestones for each girls background to complete the look.


My sister came up with the greeting for the front of the card.  I used an alphabet set of Sizzlits for my big shot called Girls Are Weird to make the letters.  I actually got this set on clearance at a local craft store a few years ago and thought it was fun lettering.  I cut these out of Shimmer Silver card stock.  After all I made everything else sparkle and thought the letters should sparkle too.  They are attached with a liquid glue.


Again I wanted the sparkle to carry to the inside too.  I used the same set of letters and my big shot to cut each letter as well as the shadow for each letter.  I layered these together using a liquid glue and then attached them to the card using the same glue.  I used the same Shimmer Silver card stock for the letters and Basic Black for the shadows.  I wanted to keep the inside greeting simple and be sure to leave lots of room for people to sign.

I do hope Katie really likes her card.  I enjoyed making it and was pretty pleased about the outcome. I just love these little go go girls!! (Yes I know I said that earlier but it is really true!)

I can't believe it will be July already next week.  The summer is flying by.  I want to wish all of you a wonderful weekend.  Be safe and watch your little ones around the pools and such.  I will return on Monday with another share.  Not sure what it will be yet.  Maybe it will be more Peanuts characters or more go go girls or even something new.  I guess you will just have to come back to find out.  

Thanks for taking time to stop by today.  See you all next week!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment