CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, June 22, 2012

Another Happy Couple

Monday I shared a card with you that had Fred and Wilma Flintstone on it.  I thoroughly enjoyed making this one.  As I said before, I love the Flintstones cartoons and even visited Bedrock up near the Grand Canyon.  Anyway, when my husband got home from work, he loved the card too.  Then in true form for him, he said "now you need to make Betty and Barney Rubble".  Well, I decided to do just that.  I sat down with my computer and looked up images of them.  Once I had one I liked, I used it as a guide for making the faces.  So let me show you the finished (well almost finished) card.


The base card for this one is Cherry Cobbler cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Basic Black measuring 4" x 5 1/4" to that with runner adhesive.  I then used a piece of Whisper White cut at 3 3/4" x 5".  I grabbed a scrap of Cherry Cobbler and punched out several small hearts.  I scattered them onto the white and adhered them down with liquid glue.  Then I placed the piece inside one of the new impression folders called Fancy Fans and ran it through the big shot.  Once it was finished, I attached it using runner adhesive.  Lastly, I used a scrap of Glimmer Red card stock and cut 2 hearts out of it using the Hearts Collection framelits and my big shot.  They are also attached with runner adhesive.  


I will begin with Barney.  I basically used the same punches used to make Fred.  The only major change was using Daffodil Delight for his hair and I drew his eyes on.  Otherwise, I would suggest visiting Ellen Kemper's site for her directions on how to make Fred.  Here is the link:  http://blinkthinkink.blogspot.com/2010/03/yabba-dabba-doo.html

All of his pieces were assembled using a liquid glue.  While the instructions for making him may be the same as Fred's, I have not seen another punch art Barney Rubble out there.


Betty proved to be more of a challenge.  I have never seen her done by another crafter.  That does not mean it has not been done, just that I have not seen her.  So this is my own recipe of how to make it.  The colors of card stock I used are  Blushing Bride (retired) Marina Mist, Whisper White, Basic Black and Real Red.  Here is my recipe for her:

Head -- 1 3/8" circle, flattened a little on one side
Eyes --  1/4" and 1/8" circles
Mouth --  end of a small oval (retired)  and a 1/4" circle trimmed for the teeth
Hair -- small oval (retired) trimmed and a 1" circle trimmed
Bow -- smallest heart from the heart to heart punch (retired)
Neck --  Word Window
Necklace -- itty bitty punch pack circle punched around a 1/4" circle hole.  I opened one side of it and placed it around the neck.  You could use a 1/4" circle as your stone but I used a pearl this time.  


I drew her eyebrows and nose onto the face with a black marker.

Now I know fully well you can see the indentations on the faces of these characters. This happens sometimes when you are working with small pieces and trying to manipulate the items.  Don't let that stop you from using them.  Remember part of the charm of hand made cards is what you consider flaws or mistakes.  These are what make each card unique and special.  

For this particular card, I chose not to put a greeting on it yet.  I could see using this one for an anniversary card or a wedding card or a Valentine card or just an I love you card.  So since I am not sure which of these I will need it for I left a place open for the greeting and the inside empty for the message.  

Well, we made it through the week and I did not miss a day of crafting!!  I am so happy to be feeling better. I hope all of you are well and ready for a fun weekend.  Stay safe and don't get too hot.  They say we may get some rain here but I will believe it when I see it.  Anyway, thanks for dropping by today and I will see you all Monday!!



No comments:

Post a Comment