CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, June 25, 2012

One of Snoopy's Pals

Good Monday to everyone.  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.   Friday I got to go to a farmers market on a real farm.  Usually we go to the one near our house at the park on Saturday's .  This weekend we knew we would not be able to go so when my husband came across this other one we took advantage of it and went.  It was so neat to get to walk among the crops and the owners were wonderful.

We also attended a 50th wedding anniversary party for my husband's aunt and uncle.  They are wonderful people.  I was so happy to celebrate with them.  They have had 50 years of wedding bliss and are still smitten with each other.  It is truly inspiring.

I also was able to get in some craft time.  My daughter is working on a project for school and needed to go to the craft store.  So she and I went.  Always a big mistake for me because I find so many cute things.  While there, my daughter came across a pack of stickers of the Peanuts characters.  While there were only 4 characters in the pack, she took a photo of it and challenged me to make a few.  So that is exactly what I did.

I started with a character I had seen the queen Ellen Kemper make once.  While some of the punches used are from her list, others are my own choosing and were used because I felt they were more appropriate.  Let's get started and see what you think of my version.


This is Schroder, you know the boy Lucy is so in love with.  Gee I hope I spelled his name right.  Anyway, let's start at the beginning and go from there.  

The base card is Gumball Green card stock cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  Next I added a layer of Basic Black cut at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8",  It is adhered to the base with runner adhesive.  For the final layer, I chose to use Marina Mist card stock.  I started by cutting it to measure 4" x 5 1/4" and then ran it through my big shot using the new Argyle impression folder.  I love the look of this one.  I attached it with runner adhesive to the black.  Then I was ready to move on to my character.


Since I changed the recipe Ellen made just a little, I will go ahead and give you instructions here.  Ready?

Card stock colors used are Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green, Basic Black and Blushing Bride (retired).

Head - 1 3/8" circle
Hair - 1 3/8" circle trimmed to shape it
Ears, Neck, Arm, Leg, Sock and Shoe - word window punch; for the shoe, I punched the word window, reinserted it and punched again; ears are a whole window and other parts of body are trimmed as needed
Body - large oval
Sleeve and Pants - retired small oval, trimmed for each as needed
Hand - boho blossom punch

I drew the lines on his shirt and also drew the face on with black marker.  I chose to outline a few pieces just to enhance the look.  All pieces were attached together using liquid glue.  The finished character was adhered using dimensionals.


I used Real Red card stock to make the piano.  I cut a strip of it to a size I liked (no measuring was done for this).  I took a notch out of the bottom using my word window punch and then rounded the corners.  For the other side, just trim it to get a look you are happy with.  I used the horizontal slot punch (retired) for the legs but scraps of red work fine.  I added the details and outline the piano with black marker. All pieces of the piano were adhered using a liquid glue and attached it to the card with runner adhesive.

 Next I punched out some music notes with a punch I happen to have, glued them down with liquid adhesive and added crystal effects to them.


Last is the greeting.  I comes from the stamp set Perfect Punches.  I stamped it using Gumball Green ink onto Whisper White card stock.  It was then punched out with the wide oval punch and the edges were sponged using Marina Mist ink.  It is adhered to the card using dimensionals.  

This is a great card for a boy.  I needed to add a few of those to my collection so this will be a great one to have.  Of course the next character I chose to make is a girl.  You will have to come back tomorrow to see who it is.  Until then, thanks for stopping by today and keep creating!!




No comments:

Post a Comment